Opeth's logo stolen...by a cruise line???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the whole thing was just a joke, anyway I'm glad the things settled, the present one looks better for whateverthecompanywasdoing.

I think ya'll should've left it for the band to deal with it instead of attacking them with fake identities.

For those who didn't see it, here's a link to the background: http://soleildusoir.com.p2.hostingprod.com/images/MAIN.gif

Whoa. I was too late to see that, but that's just nutty.

I like how they mention the see opeth.com is using it too, as if they bought it from the same site. They might be using it because it's their official logo and was created for them...perhaps?

At least their tagline isn't "Buy a cruise and enjoy a night on the silent water"

I wonder if that site is just a school project for somebody taking a website design class? I can't imagine somebody going to the lengths of running a business only to put up a website that horrid.

That's hilarious.

And also, illegal? I'm not sure, but wouldn't posing as some kind of government official be considered fraud of some kind? Like impersonating a police officer?

Just saying, take it easy guys :p

Anyway, this should be pretty much over and done with now. Though it's still quite hilarious.

And also, illegal? I'm not sure, but wouldn't posing as some kind of government official be considered fraud of some kind? Like impersonating a police officer?

Just saying, take it easy guys :p

Anyway, this should be pretty much over and done with now. Though it's still quite hilarious.

Who cares if it's illegal. If he used a proxy like I think he probably did nothing's going to happen.

Weird. They placed an image over the Opeth logo to cover it up, but you can still make out the tail of the 'O'. Temporary replacement?

I would never have seen the original site if you guys hadn't saved it. I came in late and saw the image they have there now, and was thinking you guys were high on something for saying it was the "exact same logo". But yeah, the original was completely identical.

And also, posing as copyright officials isn't cool. You guys could have possibly gotten the band in trouble. I admit that isn't likely, but still... let the band handle it.

Weird. They placed an image over the Opeth logo to cover it up, but you can still make out the tail of the 'O'. Temporary replacement?

I would never have seen the original site if you guys hadn't saved it. I came in late and saw the image they have there now, and was thinking you guys were high on something for saying it was the "exact same logo". But yeah, the original was completely identical.

And also, posing as copyright officials isn't cool. You guys could have possibly gotten the band in trouble. I admit that isn't likely, but still... let the band handle it.

they could have flattened the image of the background making it damn near impossible to get rid of the logo, so all they can do is throw something over the logo.

They did not remove it completely, its still in the gallery in the first pic for those who wish to see it. I cannot believe their reply that they would be so kind as to not sue Opeth... :\

The best part to me is thinking that this might actually be a real business, a real business that just got owned by a handful of opeth fans from an internet forum. Imagine what else rabid opethians could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.