Opeth's logo stolen...by a cruise line???

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is insane, anyone with a web browser can just right click anywhere, and select the "View Image" option to view the desktop image gif with the stolen Opeth logo in its full glory.

Pathetic, just pathetic.

I am sure once they realise they stole an image from an international band who are represented by Roadrunner, a respected and well established major record label all over the world, they will take the site down. Until then, bask in the irony.

I was too late to see the full site logo picture, I thought the two were similar but wasn't sure exactly what the big deal was until I saw this: http://soleildusoir.com.p2.hostingprod.com/images/MAIN.gif

That just blew my mind, I've never been stunned like that before.

This is insane, anyone with a web browser can just right click anywhere, and select the "View Image" option to view the desktop image gif with the stolen Opeth logo in its full glory.

Pathetic, just pathetic.

I am sure once they realise they stole an image from an international band who are represented by Roadrunner, a respected and well established major record label all over the world, they will take the site down. Until then, bask in the irony.

I was too late to see the full site logo picture, I thought the two were similar but wasn't sure exactly what the big deal was until I saw this: http://soleildusoir.com.p2.hostingprod.com/images/MAIN.gif

That just blew my mind, I've never been stunned like that before.

Heh, take it easy, is not that important.

I really just wanna see the billboard! That site design is worse than the sites I've designed, and I can barely make a link in HTML. Somebody has to take a picture of it.

Also, look through the gallery. The first pic that pops up still has the logo. Also found a craigslist ad for them...

beverly_hills_chihuahua.jpg

Has anybody looked through the photo gallery? I'm pretty sure they're not all pictures of the same boat. There is more fishiness going on than just the misappropriation of Opeth's logo.

Sorry guys, hopefully I will be able to get a picture of the said billboard up today. You have to see it for yourself...

Has anybody looked through the photo gallery? I'm pretty sure they're not all pictures of the same boat. There is more fishiness going on than just the misappropriation of Opeth's logo.

I agree. I just looked through the pictures and no way is it the same boat throughout. Seems as if they just googled "luxury cruise" and took images from there. Definitely a scam!

Probably an Opeth fan who needed a little extra cash.

Hey everybody, I'm a new member. The billboard and company in question operate in my town, the lake is about 30 minutes away. It was my girlfriend who told me about this and got all this started. I can assure you it is not a hoax, and it's possible I can get a picture on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.