Opeth's preformance at Quartfestival 2006

Nomansvally

Scandinavian...
Dec 21, 2005
South-Norway
This Opeth festival gig was pretty good. I liked the sound, but Lindgren's sound was somewhat low in the beginning. Their setlist was small. I mean have Opeth ever played fewer songs than this live?

1. The Grand Conjuration
2. The Leper Affinity
3. Closure (they did a somewhat improvisation round after "longing for the darkness...")
4. Deliverance

* I was wondering if someone here was there?

Here's a link to the pictures taken yesterday:
http://www.quart.no/hovedtekst.aspx?m=1248&amid=9193 :cool:

Tool played some hours later that evening on the same stage, and I saw the guys of Opeth watching the entire show from a locked off area. Åkerfeldt, Axenrot and Lindgren with Justin from Tool was watching Wolfmother from the inside of the stage a couple of hours earlier. It looked like they were amused. :)

Damn what a short set, hope we get a loonger set at metaltown. I wonder why i didn't go to quart this year?

many great pics!!! hot chicks in the audience, and one guy that looks crazy as hell lol

I think they'll play Deliverence, The Grand Conjuration and closure on Metal Town judging from all the other set lists. And perhaps The Leper Affinity! *joy*

But yeah short setlist :S

lol did mikael use that 12-stringer for all the songs or only 'closure?'

edit: nvm just saw a pic of him using a normal 6 string guitar.

3 songs setlist, wow that short?! Why are these booking people not grating Opeth more time?! Well, I guess I know the answer to that one already...

I remember Mikael changing guitar for evert song, they have quite an arsenal of instruments now compared to earlier years, naturally.

^ Mmmm, I am curious to know why Mike n Peter are using a Marshall 'Back-line.'

Maybe it's because they're not using a Tour Bus ? and Mike is still lumbering along in his old Volvo Estate ? :)

Idea's any one?