Opinions on Logic Express 8

Rex Rocker

Call me Hugo!
Dec 21, 2007
Mexico
Hey!

I'm thinking of finally upgrading from GarageBand to Logic Express. I'm wondering if Logic Exrpess is much worse than Logic Studio or whatever they call the full version.

I'd also like to know other opinions/recommendatons/stuff you have to say about Logic Express 8.

That's it, just a simple question... thanks! :)

logic express is pretty nice. it teaches you to get around in logic. but for what you get purchasing logic pro, its wotrth the extra coin. my advice: pirate logic express, fool around with it till you have the coin to go for logic studio. I have no remorse pirating software to give it a whirl. I have purchased logic pro, so im not a crook lol

they are alright, well yeah they are pretty good! but logic pro comes with waveburner, space designer (can be used for impulses, and is a great sounding reverb) It has a loudness maximizer, pretty sweet multiband comp, the esx24 sampler (waterboy calls it the sex sampler) all the plugs in general are better. there are more software instruments. basically you are getting an app for around 500 bucks that rivals apps that cost twice the price. If your on mac, then logic pro is the way to go. IMO

GarageBand is shit in comparison with Logic Express and still you can upgrade the Express version to Studio for not much.
I've bought my Express for 45£ and the upgrade can be bought for around 120£ so I think that's a good deal to buy the express version first and then if you need upgrade to Studio.