Opinions on new Anathema track!

HarmonyDies....

Semi-True
Oct 14, 2001
Canada
http://server.clusta.com/MFN/tracks/Anathema-04-AreYouThere.mp3

ANaturalDisasterRS.jpg

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!

I believe this is Danny singing on this track.

Bump

So I just downloaded "Pulled Under at 2000 Metres Per Second" and after the intro I hear a scream introducing a total fucking Silent Enigma riff and then the whole song goes on in the same vein and turns out totally excellent and now I don't know what to think anymore. I'm sure this album could be top 10 material for me if everything on it was like this but it seems very uneven based on the songs I've downloaded. I'm torn. Should I buy this?

I myself have picked up the new album, and at first, I was very skeptical. But it is another one of those titles, that after a few listens, you are amazed at the quality that went into it. There is a mixture of styles for them, but it all works. It is definitley a worthy buy if you are into Anathema...

Evil C

I agree with Notman, this is one album I was initailly confused by and required multiple listens before revealing its depth...and Pulled Under is the album's token metal track, much like Panic on the last album, so don't expect the rest to sound like it...

I'm downloading but don't have terribly high expectations.

Any news on that ridiculous name change by the way?!

Erik said:
Bump

So I just downloaded "Pulled Under at 2000 Metres Per Second" and after the intro I hear a scream introducing a total fucking Silent Enigma riff and then the whole song goes on in the same vein and turns out totally excellent and now I don't know what to think anymore. I'm sure this album could be top 10 material for me if everything on it was like this but it seems very uneven based on the songs I've downloaded. I'm torn. Should I buy this?

"Pulled Under at 2000 Metres Per Second" is not at all representative of the album. Download a few other tracks (Flying or Balance) and then decide.