Opinions on new Dissection?

Nefilim said:
Yeah I see what you mean, I'm not much of a BM fan either, but Dissection is one of the few acts I really like. This new album is pretty far from BM in most ways, it's more like Melodeath really (like someone pointed out). Reminds me of Dark Tranquillity at times.

I'll check their website and look if they got any free mp3 from the new album then. will that make u happy? :loco:

Naglfar said:
I've read some interviews on Enslaved, which is my favorite band, and some of their opinions really piss me off. I don't just disagree, I think in some respects the things they say are downright ignorant. I still buy, love and respect their music.

While I also "buy, love and respect their music," I differ from you in that I also respect Enslaved for things I have read about them. Maybe we aren't reading the same things?

EDIT: crap, I didn't see your later post. I was referring to things Ivar said in an interview recently regarding the "black metal scene": http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=46604

mattcira said:
While I also "buy, love and respect their music," I differ from you in that I also respect Enslaved for things I have read about them. Maybe we aren't reading the same things?

EDIT: crap, I didn't see your later post. I was referring to things Ivar said in an interview recently regarding the "black metal scene": http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=46604

Yeah, I was being specific about it. Plenty of otherwise brilliant people have some stupid opinions. I was not trying to put them down (they are, by far, my favorite metal band).

I was just using that as an example of what I would consider a case of someone having a different opinion than I, with me still being able to separate their opinions from my appreciation for their music. I was just expressing that for me that's not the case with Dissection.

People feel differently than I do, I'm sure.

Let's face it, Jon Nodveidt is a hateful, social retard. But, it's for the music and only the music for me. Reinkaos is an average metal album. Not great and not bad. There is a lyric in a song off of Reinkaos that Jon says, "I am a murderer and I will never submit." Well, that about sums it up for me, Jon is an idiot. He glorifies Satanism, and that is his right, but Satanism is a philisophical dead-end. I ignore the lyrics, and appreciate the guitar playing.

ironbeard said:
Let's face it, Jon Nodveidt is a hateful, social retard. But, it's for the music and only the music for me. Reinkaos is an average metal album. Not great and not bad. There is a lyric in a song off of Reinkaos that Jon says, "I am a murderer and I will never submit." Well, that about sums it up for me, Jon is an idiot. He glorifies Satanism, and that is his right, but Satanism is a philisophical dead-end. I ignore the lyrics, and appreciate the guitar playing.

Nothing wrong with Satanism, it's just a religion. A CHRISTIAN one at that! Haha!

paradoxile said:
they're coming to israel soon...should I go?
Expect a good amount of new songs to be played. If you haven't seen them play though it probably would be best to see them since they wont be around after these shows.

paradoxile: I saw them live last year, and they really kicked ass. I thought they would suck considering Jon spent the last 7 years or so in jail, but they pulled off all the oldies flawlessly. I guess they will play a lot of new songs now though, but hopefully they'll play a lot of old stuff too, since it is their last tour.

I recommend you to go!

Nefilim said:
paradoxile: I saw them live last year, and they really kicked ass. I thought they would suck considering Jon spent the last 7 years or so in jail, but they pulled off all the oldies flawlessly. I guess they will play a lot of new songs now though, but hopefully they'll play a lot of old stuff too, since it is their last tour.

I recommend you to go!

Oh, are they finally breaking up?

From a perspective based on their early albums, this album is disappointing. Doesn't have the cold, raw, evil and dark atmosphere of the early albums. Thats what I loved about Dissection and with this album not being like that, it was hard to listen to at first.

Judging the album on its own. I think its quite good and enjoyable enough. Better than most melodic death metal out there and had this album not been a Dissection album, it may have been looked at differently and perhaps fans would be more appreciative of it.

Anyways, they have broken up now and I think it was for the best. Good luck to the guys with what ever they do in the future now.

The review on Blabbermouth is pretty much dead-on how I feel...

I've never been faced with the fact that my work is publicizing the art of a convicted murderer — one proud enough of his six years' "hard time" to boast in the liner notes that "Reinkaos" was "written behind prison walls." Why not go whole hog, man? A DVD bonus track of Jon Nödtveidt actually committing murder? First 500 copies daubed with the blood of his victim? Maybe liner notes written by a grieving family member?

For the record, then: I wouldn't piss on Nödtveidt if he was on fire, and I wish I believed in a Hell awful enough to stuff an eternity's worth of karmic retribution up his hateful, cowardly ass. That pathetic jail sentence is enough to make me wonder if maybe Ted Nugent is right about a few things, after all. And the thought of an unrepentant Nödtveidt traveling the world, playing shows for enthused audiences, makes me sick to my stomach. If that makes me some sort of weak, non-metal pussy in your eyes, so be it.

We're left with dull, dated sounding Swede-metal castoffs released under a wholly inappropriate name — is it any wonder the reaction to "Reinkaos" has been largely negative, or that Nödtveidt has recently announced that the group will disband after some final live shows?

Maybe Nödtveidt got a little karmic ass-whuppin' after all. He came out of prison with no idea how to live up to the awesome legacy of his former band, so he threw together this ridiculous death-rock travesty, and the reaction to it has been bad enough to kill off the one thing he had going for him in life. As karmic retribution goes, it's not as satisfying to watch as, say, drawing and quartering, or a lifetime of boils and plagues… but it's about as good as we could hope for here in the real world. Good riddance, scumbag.

http://roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/showreview.aspx?reviewID=747

I wouldn't give this useless piece of human debris a single cent of my hard-earned money, let alone the courtesy of listening to his "band" - historic to the scene or not. Even if I liked Dissection, which I don't, this one would fall into the "Limewire Freebee Download" category.

I fail to understand how someone can feel that passionately about the guy. There are a lot of murderers in the world, a lot of scumbags worse than Jon Nödtveidt.

I'm more offended by how awful Reinkaos is, to be honest.

wait a minute...what did Jon Nödtveidt do time for? Murder?

edit: Oh shit, just read some history about this dude...he got only 10 years for cold blooded murder and even got paroled and was realeased before the time.
I'm not supporting gay bashers nor murderers...so on the 17th of june I'll have other plans