Dissection - Reinkaos

Force666

Sep 12, 2007
This thread:

any you guys got mixes standard e tuned guitars

Got me thinking about Dissection. Anyways....

Reinkaos - Dissection's short-lived (pun intended) "Rebirth". This album didn't really fit in the other thread as it's tuned C# I believe. It's obviously a very "controversial" (for lack of a better term) album. In fact, it's arguable that it shouldn't even be a "Dissection" album, because it's such a far stray from their previous material, in sound and lineup.

BUT

This album (to me) is nothing short of amazing, as far as songwriting and production. The songs are well constructed for the most part (other than the 3000 times Jon says "cosmos", "dragon" and a few others, hahaha), even though they definitly offer a more "rock" oriented feel. I mean is this Skid Row with Jon singing? :lol:

I feel this is a great album, but can be hard to adjust to (it was for me) if you go into it wanting another "Dissection" album.

The lyrics are pretty awesome, and from what I understand are based on writings from the MLO (Misanthropic Luciferian Order) and some are actual "Incantations of Satanic Magic". Which I think is interesting subject matter.

The musicianship and production are great, and I figured that maybe this would make for a good thread on the subject.

What do you guys think?

I love this album.

I really wish Jon had not walked the path of an hero and continued to release more albums in this vein because I listen to this more than any of the older ones.

The song "Starless aeon" is just AWESOME.
one of my favorite songs of all time.

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Dies Irae , Dies Illa
Solvet Cosmos In Favilla
Vocamus Te Aeshma-Diva

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

It was disappointing at first listen because I was wanting a more black metalish album, but once I got over myself I really enjoyed the tunes. I say it's different for Dissection but still very solid. RIP Jon.

Ill admit, I never listened to it. Ill have to check it out now though based on what you guys are saying.

I must admit that I was taken aback when I first heard it as it wasn't the Dissection that I knew and loved. Storm Of The Light's Bane practically lived on my turntable fo years ha ha!
But after a while, especially after he killed himself, I came back to this album and it is now my favourite Dissection album. Absolutely no filler on the album and I love the production on it, for some weird reason and I just can't explain it but parts of it and I'd say the production has a lot to do with it, reminds of Metallica's Load but waaay better.
I remember seeing them in Dublin years ago with Watain supporting them. Excellent gig and the older material sounded alot fresher played in the lower tuning. Excellent band, be they black metal or not they sure left a great legacy of music.
R.I.P. Jon

I'm gonna listen to it now ha ha!

I love this album.

I really wish Jon had not walked the path of an hero and continued to release more albums in this vein because I listen to this more than any of the older ones.

Walked the path of a hero? Seriously?

:lol:

By the way, I like the whole Dissection catalog, musically.
The subject matter is laughable, which is okay with me....it's just too bad Nödtveidt didn't realize that.

One of my favorite albums.
Love "Maha Kali".
Concert version (from "Rebirth of Dissection" DVD) is also excellent.
This DVD is my favorite music video due to quality of release (excellent performance, quality DTS surround, good picture quality).

its awesome

and its tuned to C standard I believe

Just messing around, learning some riffs from this album. Maha Kali and Black Dragon are both tuned C# BUT God of Forbidden Light is definitly C.

Just an observation.