Orange2x12 or Mesa Rec 2x12?

+1 for the Mesa.

I owned a Orange 212(for a long time) and it's a great cab, but if you plan to be a little more flexible then buy the mesa.

I couldn't get rid of the "woolyness" in the mids which I don't like, but others maybe search for this "feature"...

(one good thing is that many many here own a Mesa and some sounds are set in stone, what I mean is that you have to be able to pull out awesome tones with a 6505+Mesa cab+ 57, so you have the assurance that the only thing that keeps you off of an awesome tone is yourself;))

yeah it is. But keep in mind that i slave amps and i try complement the sounds. So the mesa is a bit brighter and the engl is duller and together they create a great middle way sound. So you can get it to be not so bright in the upper mids.

You should try one :)

yeah it is. But keep in mind that i slave amps and i try complement the sounds. So the mesa is a bit brighter and the engl is duller and together they create a great middle way sound. So you can get it to be not so bright in the upper mids.

You should try one :)

Ah so it was deliberately set bright?

Haha I wish, nowhere around here stocks Mesa...even still id badger the store to mic one up if I had the chance :D

orange 2x12 is in my opinion much clearer
mesa has more lows, but it also has a bit fizzzzzzzzzzzz