Orchestra?

ms. anthrope said:
let's just say that the guys will pleasantly surprise you :cool:!

I think it'll take 7 more years of posting and getting bits of info on you before I figure you all out...:p

I think the string 'quartet' should just be the two guitars and bass! I also like that Lyle's keyboards can be heard clearly but aren't at the emphasis of the DL sound (not like Plague's End or Embrace...) That may be an unfair comparison but I'm a sucker for THRASH!

ms. anthrope said:
gosh, i'm biting my lip. i dunno if i'm allowed to describe what i've heard. i'll talk to the boss and suggest that we need a few sound bites on the site for you guys!!!

wow thats soo sweet!!!:OMG: i dont know what i would do if i had to wait another year to hear Dragonlord.:D

ms. anthrope said:
gosh, i'm biting my lip. i dunno if i'm allowed to describe what i've heard. i'll talk to the boss and suggest that we need a few sound bites on the site for you guys!!!

What a tease!! :yell::p , That sounds awesome. I mentioned to Steve that they should keep it up with the evil keyboards and moody minor keys they play in. I can NOT WAIT to hear what it's gonna sound like. Sound clips would RULE !!! :headbang:

At the risk of asking a really stupid question ms. anthrope, are they demos that they are working on or are they actually recording stuff for the new album?

I spent a bit of time with the local metal indie store guy the other day -- gets the impression that there might be a significant orchestral element in future work. I don't really have an opinion on this -- the stuff I own rarely has anything other than drums, guitar and bass. I can count on one hand the CDs I have that even have any significant keyboards. So a orchestra will probably be out of place to me.

Dimmu? Borknagar? I don't know their material, I though I heard they have orc/keyboard elements...