Nikolas Quemtri

Mix 'em all!
Nov 15, 2009
nrqs.net
This song is by the local band called Uran Of Isfahan, which I mixed, reamped and mastered recently.

I'd appreciate some opinions on this. :kickass:

Ear piercing presence area - couldn't listen till end of track. Most of the problem is laying in OH. Work on it and then will be killer :)
(tested on Adam a77x and KRK Rokit8 III monitors and DT770pro and DT880pro headphones)

he´s right, there´s a lot of earache-presence. Very modern overall sound with lots of pumping.

Personally I don´t like it at all, the thing is: likely 99% of modern commercial recordings in metal sound like that. When you put that song in a random playlist, it works ;)

Thanks for the feedback!
BTW, I use the similar gear: Adam A7, KRK V8, Beyerdynamic DT990Pro.
I see that it's better to show more classic metal mixes here.)

Thanks for the feedback!
BTW, I use the similar gear: Adam A7, KRK V8, Beyerdynamic DT990Pro.
I see that it's better to show more classic metal mixes here.)

Oh, we can find all kind of metal stuff here - not only classic one!
Personally I'm not only use one, or two bands as a reference mixes. It usually is stuff from 80's Iron Maiden through 2000-2005 thrash, death, or nu metal till modern metal core stuff. You can play couple of those tracks, then play your track and we cane easily hear that something is wrong.
I'm in the mixing stuff quite deep now but I'm not a pro (I'm still studying sound engineering), so my opinion could be not fair - I'll play the track tomorrow in the studio I work and let hear it to the pro engineers (as I usually do with all the tracks you showing here) and I let them say the final word :) Those guys worked with bands we know and we like these days so you can expect really true feedback :)

Stay metal!

Hey NQ --

There's definitely a lot of modern metal on UM, so don't leave bc of that! Your mix is really good. Super professional. The only things I would mention are there's a bit of muddiness to the low growls in some sections like around 2:30 (maybe just scoop some low-mids on them). Otherwise I think the highs are tame enough, and the lows are really in the pocket.

Nice job!