Origin II

I dunno. I never actually played the game and admit to know little about the actual workings of it. I still don't know the difference between a prop and a second-rower, apart from the fact that props don't seem to pass as much, am not entirely sure of what a lock does exactly apart from locking the scrum, and also don't know the difference between a halfback and a five-eighth except that the halfback feeds the scrum and gets a lot more press than the other guy gets.

Still a good game, though. :)

This is how it was explained to me in under 15's.

Props are bigger and there to hold the hooker.
Second rowers should be larger centres.
Lock's hold the scrum and should control the forwards from the back.

The 5/8th controls the position of the backline.

I was outside centre, my job was run,then pass.

Lots of people here say "marone" here too, but it doesn't mean they're right! It's an English word, not an Australian one, and it's been bastardised in this country for far too long!

It's like West Coast v Freo is the western derby (to rhyme with "herby"), when it should rhyme with carby. Grrrrrrr!!!! :(

My dad does as well, but then he's English....I guess it's like Pall Mall in London.....

Oh yeah, Brian - I hate the pissy little pots they serve us in Victoria too! Whoever invented them deserves to be shot. Give me a decent NSW/Qld sized beer any day! Or even better, a pint. :)