Origin

FailingAcension

Spiffy, eh?
Jul 31, 2002
Texas
So who likes these guys? Haven't heard alot about them 'round here. I think they are one of the greatest Death Metal band ever. Their drummer is a monster. Pretty technical and great vocal arrangements. Lets hear some disscussion...

NP:Origin-Portal

*comic book guy voice* best band ever!

they are definatly one of the best bands to recently come out. \m/
~gR~

Embers Astray said:
Origin's drummer filled in for the recording session of Skinless' "From Sacrifice to Survival" so look out for that album this summer.

sweeeeeeet. they have a great drummer. i bet he sounds great with skinless
~gR~

Here's a funny review I found of their self titled. I don't agree with everything he says, but it's humerous....although, this guy (Chedsey) also tends to underplay the greatness of RUNNING WILD, so he's lost some credibility points with me. Here it is, anyway.

What an utterly horrendous album. You'd think that a band that can choose such a beautiful glimpse of the cosmos for their album cover would make even the slightest attempt to create music even partially worthy of the view. Unfortunately, Origin is one of those blast oriented grind bands who have this bizarre idea that just because they can stop on a dime for a nanosecond within a song that they are merging technical ability with brutality. But there is one catch to this concept. Every damned song on this nine song waste of time is extremely similar and shows almost nil in the way of songwriting ability, originality and dynamics. Oh gee, the drummer has that hollow, snappy snare sound so that you can hear how fast he is striking it. Oh my, the guitars are tuned low and rumble along showing no sign that they know how to vary the basic riffing. Sure, it's locked in with the blast beats, but enlighten me on how that is supposed to be exciting? The vocals are unintelligible grunts with the ever so tricky high shrieks being spliced in on occasion. Goodness, that certainly hasn't ever been done before. Origin sounds like someone punched "Generic Grind" on a music vending machine and let the computer spit out nine tracks of one idea being spread out over the course of thirty minutes. With any luck, discerning music buyers will skip over this atrocious album as Origin completely fails to do anything creative and totally neglects to add anything to an already oversaturated, limited genre.

Review by John Chedsey

I really hate that Chedsey guy.

anyway, Origin rules, and they're a nice bunch of guys, too. I saw em with Hate Eternal, Arch Enemy, and Nile last August, and, as usual, I go to the show about 3 hours early to get a good spot in line, meet the bands, and meet up with friends, etc. anyway, I'm seriously, like the first guy there that wasn't in a band or a roadie. so I'm kinda sitting there, bored off my ass, cuz I didn't wanna bother the bands while they were loading all their shit into the Trocadero, when Origin's soinger walks up to me and startes chatting to me, which I thought was a really cool move:p