INSOMNIUM

Jun 26, 2009
New Jersey
Greatest band ever? or greatest band ever?

Seriously, i absolutely love these guys. They are not exactly the fastest and most technical musicians, but there music and arrangements are just so catchy and amazing. I have been looping there new single "Weather the storm" featuring the lead singer from DT, and its honestly the best song i have ever heard in my life. Just wanna see what you guys have to say about them, i hear they get alot of meh

I like them but I found them quite repetitive. They have a lot of great songs though, and Since the day it all came down is my favorite album :)

Oh and i saw the live too with katatonia and swallow the sun, but the singer voice live was really disappointing...maybe it was a bad show

Fucking awesome band, though I do feel each of their albums have a few stock melodeath songs that don't really move me - when they're on though, they are fucking ON, I love "The Lay of Autumn" on the most recent, Ville's heavy Finnish accent makes the sung part infinitely more awesome and beautiful, and when the heavy part comes in after, it's like METAL BONER :worship:

Actually, I've never heard that song... In fact, I was talking about Above the Weeping World, I didn't even know about this album :D

That sounds pretty good! thanks for pointing me out to it.

One of my favorite bands, and one of the few bands that I REALLY like even if they are a "bit" repentitive. Never saw them live until now unfortunatly, although they were here twice last year I think...
I'm just waiting for a headliner tour I guess^^

The first song i heared of them was this one

Guess it's one of the more famous one
I also love the production on this album in general..fits really good

There's no album of them I don't like...or at least I think so...not that easy to tell apart if you have them albums shuffled and not listening closly to the production :lol:
Fuck I gotta see them live.
Awesome band.

Last edited by a moderator:
YES! haha yeah, i've been big on them for a while now. im addicted to song of the forlorn son. that song is amazing...

im glad there are some fans on here haha. While the are repetitive, they are catchy as hell and they really create an atmosphere like none other. Too bad they dont play the US, or i would cling myself under there tour bus and go to every one of there shows

Caught them with Obituary and Swallow the Sun in Joensuu, Finland 2 in 09!

Since the Day It all came down is probably still my fave record from em

Love their first few albums... the last one, that took forever to come out, wasn't that great for me. I was lucky enough to see them live in 2007, eventhough they only played a 6 song set... but I met up with them before the show and we hung out for a while. Great guys, they let me pic the songs they played. Was really nice of them, one of the best best 30-40 minutes I've ever had at a concert.

I'm wiping the cobwebs off this thread for such a killer band. One of my favorites right now. Anyone who hasn't gotten into them, go check out their album Since the Day All Came Down, or any other one really.

woooooooo my thread is back.

@wutzington I personally don't care for One For Sorrow, other than the track Lay the Ghost To Rest. Maybe give Across The Dark or Above The Weeping the world a shot

I haven't given One For Sorrow a fair listen yet, but I really dig all their older stuff.

I found OFS to be pretty disappointing after how strong the previous two albums were, those are their peak IMO! (and "Since the Day" has some good moments too, but the production makes it a bit tough to listen to, lots of pumping, especially on the guitars :erk: )

Master piece album and song!

7:06 to the end......fucking goosebumps! 4 minutes of pure music orgasm!

BLAST THAT PART AS LOUD AS YOU CAN AND THANK ME LATER!

I always really liked these guys but the new one is alittle stale. I was really into this album for awhile: