Original Instrumental

Ukapitalo

New Metal Member
Sep 19, 2010
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey guys I've been browsing these forums for a couple years now trying to absorb information and just want to say how awesome the community is here. Learning the art of recording from the ground up is a difficult, frustrating task by yourself but just searching and reading discussions on this board could always point me in the right direction.

This is an original instrumental piece that I've been working on. It ended up being a bigger project than I thought and got a little overwhelmed as I only have a 1gig mac laptop, but I think it turned out okay.

Hope you like it and any advice is welcomed. Shout-out to guitarplaya18: I used some midi patterns from your trials stems, thank you!:)

Updated mix:

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the song. For a beginner as you say, it´s not bad. Try working the drum velocities to have that human feel, it seems that everything is at maximum. In the mix, the snare sounds very muffled, you could try a eq boost between 3khz and 6khz to add more clarity. The guitars seem a bit fizzy also but not a big problem. The snare it´s the worst.