Original Pressings

Jan 17, 2005
So, I searched and didn't really find anything on this. Today I found the original pressings of My Arms, Your Hearse and Still Life. I was wondering how much each are worth? I was pretty sure a good amount of money for each.

ThePoisoning said:
So, I searched and didn't really find anything on this. Today I found the original pressings of My Arms, Your Hearse and Still Life. I was wondering how much each are worth? I was pretty sure a good amount of money for each.

no. you are incorrect. the only opeth releases that are (and should) be worth "money" are the original EURO pressings of orchid and morningrise (not the american originals that some clowns think are worth a ton of cash), and the 2 disc blackwater park edition.

Darn. The 2-disc Blackwater Park CD is worth something? It was on Amazon for $15 or so not too long ago.

NineFeetUnderground said:
no. you are incorrect. the only opeth releases that are (and should) be worth "money" are the original EURO pressings of orchid and morningrise (not the american originals that some clowns think are worth a ton of cash), and the 2 disc blackwater park edition.

I thought the candlelight MAYH would be in the same catagory as the orchid and morningrise candlelights...

Splintered Vision said:
I thought the candlelight MAYH would be in the same catagory as the orchid and morningrise candlelights...
only if it still has the sticker with the old logo on the cover

yawn, the BWP 2 disc isnt really rare at all, theres 2 states to it anyway, one is almost greyish the other more black, the grey is the more "rare" one, otherwise when it comes to vinyl, the BWP vinyl fetches the highest, the Still Life one next, then probably Damnation next, most of these though sell high mainly in Europe. For cd's as NFU said the money is in the original european orchid and morningrise, morningrise moreso, with the original sticker etc. Occasionally people will pay extra for the Still Life cd, in the jewel case from Europe as opposed to the digipak, but not really. Thats about it for "rare" opeth cd and vinyl.

probably the most rare opeth stuff is the 7'' still day/patterns II. and the very 1st euro pressings of orchid & morningrise. [which i don't have]
am i wrong?

opethpainter said:
probably the most rare opeth stuff is the 7'' still day/patterns II. and the very 1st euro pressings of orchid & morningrise. [which i don't have]
am i wrong?

Funny.... I'm no collector, but I have that. :)

Edit: (7'' still day/patterns II)

:Wreath: said:
^ If you're talking about the normal edition of bwp then I don't think it's so rare either
what u mean normal edition? bwp wasnt released on pic disc was it? im talking about the vinyl edition of bwp released on mfn.