Orion

Originally posted by wildsau666
Hi,

I heard Anathema have done a cover version of Metallica's classic Orion some time ago. Has anyone listened to it or maybe has a mp3 file of it?

Thanks.

It was only a live cover I think, never managed to find a mp3 of it ...

there is a really good recording of the dynamo version of orion. i dont have it anymore but i know someone who does.

Originally posted by wildsau666
OK thanks.

But talking about covers. Which one would you like Anathema to do?

I would go for:
Downeaster Alexa by Billy Joel
Hunting High And Low by a-ha

There is a very gloommy U2 song I'm sure Anathema would make a wonderful version of : Exit ( Joshua Tree )
I also remember danny singing Roads by Portishead at the acosutic gig in Compiegne 1999. Would be great if they could record it :)

Originally posted by pagan2002
there is a really good recording of the dynamo version of orion. i dont have it anymore but i know someone who does.

Would be nice if you could get it somehow.

It is my favourity Metallica song. Cliff Burton...*sigh*

Not quite Bambi. You remember the Monty Python movie "Eric the viking"? Somebody in there is constantly called "Germanische Wildsau" (in the German version obviously). The guy was totally freaking out from time to time as if he had rabies. A friend of mine compared my football playing style with this movie character and I had my nick. But I recall there is a kind of airborne squad in the Luftwaffe who are called like this as well.

Originally posted by cedarbreed

There is a very gloommy U2 song I'm sure Anathema would make a wonderful version of : Exit ( Joshua Tree )
I also remember danny singing Roads by Portishead at the acosutic gig in Compiegne 1999. Would be great if they could record it :)
i always thought exit would be a good cover too

Originally posted by pagan2002

i always thought exit would be a good cover too

I'd be so glad if you played it on next tour :) :)
BTW if you can check the live version of this song on the Rattle And Hum video it's amazing :OMG:

U2 would probably demand royalities if you played it..the shitehawks

wildsau..it was a term the luftwaffe used for the squadrons that protected germany from allied bombing missions cos wild pigs were so agressive when protecting their young..mind you wild pigs did'nt get a few thousand tonnes of bombs dropped on their piglets every day :D

Yous should have played the end part of Orion though!!! The sad bit. Maybe now Jamie is on bass you will be able to:eek: that would be a belter.
Hey Bambi, I was just in Dublin over the weekend. Didn't see you about:cry: Maybe in two weeks eh bud?

Hi Wildsau! Cool das du hier hin gefunden hast! Hab gesehen das eure Seite "renoviert" wird. Bin mal gespannt ob sie genauso gut wie vorher aussieht.
Hier kannste sicher ein Informationen für deine Seite herausfinden, ich meine sind ja genügend Quellen da, hehe.

Also viel spaß hier im Forum!

Cheers Morpheus

Originally posted by Strangelight
Yous should have played the end part of Orion though!!! The sad bit. Maybe now Jamie is on bass you will be able to:eek: that would be a belter.

Yes! Danny, Play ORION on the gisgs again! It's great, I remeber when you were playing ORION on Judgement Tour in Poland. I was over the moon.

ahoy, wot about "free money" by Patti Smith, from her first album? would be a very alternative-fourish song, very "Anathema" melodies.

taken from the End Records newsletter: 'The band is also working on their sophomore release and getting ready for their first ever live shows. According to Duncan: “We have the second album written and will progress with that over the coning months. Also we have a few acoustic nights lined up in Europe for October 2002.” The second album will probably see a USA release in the Spring of 2003.'

Where and when will these gigs take place??? :eek: :yow: :hotjump: