Orphaned Land-about ORwarriOR new album

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morticia NL.

Orphaned sister
I am a huge fan of Symphony X, though normally don't hang in this forum.But knowing we probably dig a lot of the same stuff, I want to introduce to you a couple of friends of mine: Orphaned Land from Israel. Their music is a blend of progressive, death, middle eastern and lots more METAL :), they are on Century Media.

They played on big festivals around the world such as Wacken, Summer Breeze and ProgPower USA-Scandinavia-Europe-UK.
Done shows from Istanbul to St. Petersburg and from Tel Aviv to Paris...
They were featured in the "Global Metal" movie by Sam Dunn!
So they are not small talk... :loco:

n701191079_803887_9946.jpg

Now they have a new album coming up in January 2010. It's produced by Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) I advise you to check them out!

Official site of the band:
http://www.orphaned-land.com
You can listen to a teaser of the new album here

Link to music of the band:http://www.myspace.com/orphanedmyspace

Updates on their new album

Finally the veil on “The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR”, the highly anticipated new Orphaned Land album, is lifted! The release of the bands’ fourth studio album is set for January 25th 2010 in Europe, January 27th in Japan and February 9th in the USA.

As communicated before, the album is mixed by Steven Wilson who also plays keyboards on it. According to Century Media: “The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR turns out to be a sophisticated concept album taking ORPHANED LAND’s unique brand of exotic, heavy music to soaring new heights in terms of complexity and catchiness. It is an audible manifest that the time has come for Middle Eastern metal to take over

16267_177275243035_8776213035_3021426_6376642_n.jpg

There is a story behind this picture- it is their new bandphoto that stands for what the band believes in- you can read more in the link bellow

You can read the rest of the item here:http://www.orphaned-disciples.org/s...en/2009/11/12/lifting-the-veil-off-orwarrior/

About the album

"'The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR' is a concept album revolving around a hero: the warrior of light. This hero isn't someone specific, but could be the listener of the album himself, as this album deals with the problems we are facing in our lives every day. Especially here, in the Middle East, we feel that we are trapped in a loop of confusion and darkness. Living in this region, we see that year after year nothing changes. People continue to die in useless wars and we are trapped in a bloody circle. ORPHANED LAND has been around for 18 years and we continue to sing about the same subjects and stories, because after 18 years we are still living in a tragic, orphaned land. To fight this tragedy we have chosen a peaceful, yet powerful weapon: our music."

Got you curious? You can read the whole item here:
http://www.orphaned-disciples.org/site/lang/en/2009/11/19/orwarrior-tracklist/
And here-
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130640

12645_105147652832542_100000119242313_136198_611699_n.jpg

I promise to keep you posted on what's happening during the coming months.And click those links.
Really, this album is unbelievable and there is so much to tell you about it...

:Smokin: damn excited about it!
n701191079_677696_8919.jpg

I know this is going to get killed like all the other non-SX topics here, but seriously, Nathalie is right. Orphaned Land is an exceptional band. You really should check them out if you don't know who they are.

First few songs on mabool were awesome. Less alialialia-bullshit and more sitar-death and it will be one of the best albums this decade.

I actually found the ethnic songs to be my favorite tracks on Mabool. The straight metal songs were painfully bland.

Hey cool to see so many reactions here- and Kenneth thanks for the support man.
I can promise you that he new album is way less keyboards, but much more progressive in terms of sound. Steven Wilson did a killer job on the production- and put a few keyboards here and there...
About the band picture I posted: well this is quite a story behind it. If you look closely you will see that the Jewish guys have prayer carpets like the Muslims and the Muslims are holding Jewish prayer books. Bottom line: we are all not so different as we seem to be. So let's try and get along.
For this reason the fan site of the band (I'm running it) is in Hebrew as well as Arabic.

Prayer rugs?! I've never seen prayer rugs that small before.. they are supposed to be long enough for you to place your hands on it.
In the 2nd pic they're wearing gutras usually worn by Saudi Arabians.. they couldn't look over the walls they're building and notice that the gutras worn by the Palestinians are black/white/grey? lol.

With nitpicking like that how will you ever get along? :mad:

I'm just kidding I really couldn't care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.