Orphaned Land conquer Thessaloniki

IOfTheStorm

Gogol Bordello
Mar 28, 2002
Athens-Greece
www.monolith.gr
..and the hearts of all of us. More than they had before with the trio of superbe albums.
Words are poor to describe such perfection. First of all (as i said to the band) i have NEVER heard so CLEAR + STRONG sound in a live show. You could just stand still and close your eyes and feel like you are flying over all mystical middle east plains. Then their performance was totally amazing and flawless. All songs sounded 10 times better on stage, especially old songs like the grand opus "Ornaments Of Gold" which was totally mind blowing. Kobi's performance was really deep and emotional, Yossi's sweet melodies took us into the heart of a desert storm..the whole experience was unique as very few things in this world. More than anything i want to congratulate the band for being very modest (although not very talkative :loco: ) unlike.. Thanatos for example...haha.
The photos are .. "shaked" (and not stirred..) but i guess its .. "ok" hence the situation in which i took em.

orph1.jpg

orph3.jpg

orph4.jpg

orph5.jpg

orph6.jpg

Hair madness

orph7.jpg

orph2.jpg

orph8.jpg

:worship:

Well what can i say... the playlist was PERFECT (all Mabool except 3 (?) songs, loads of great El Norra Alila (yes - fav O.L. album) hymns : Like Fire To Water, Find Yourself Discover God, Of Temptation Born, El Meod Na'Ala..... , GREAT STUFF from "Sahara" like: Seasons Unite, Ornaments Of Gold ( :worship: ) and the eternal favourite THE BELOVED'S CRY ! O.L. slayed everything on stage, Kobi showed us that he is ALSO a great frontman (making the crowd to completely "obey" him), and i think i should let O.L. to tell us what did they think about the crowd. Last (but still very important i think) is that the band was totally enjoying the whole situation.
p.s. And the last song was an ABSOLUTE and UNIQUE surprise for us - a semi traditional/rock song from a Greek Singer called Nick Papazoglou, called "Ah Ellada S'Agapo!" (translation : "Oh Greece, i love you") which totally left a wide smile on our faces.

WoW..! I'm getting excited day by day..The countdown is still goin on for us,I'm glad to hear you had a great time.Our beloved OL rocks ! :hotjump: :headbang: :worship: :wave: :Spin:

I also went in that show in SAlonika.I was blessed!I live in Athens and so I was waiting for their show in my city.Thats why I had planned my 3day vacation in Salonika in such a way so I can be in the show in Athens!Before I left Athens I learned that their show was cancelled and I was devastated!Thankfully on January 15 I was in SAlonica and able to participate in their concert!!!This experience was stimulating!I hadn't felt that way since I was 15!Mind that I am 27 now:)this was my first time since I was 17 that after the show I stayed in the hall just to have some words and some autographs from the band!I felt like they were my friends!Athens is so unlucky that the show was cancelled!To experience El Meod n'Alla live was ritualistic!All these great songs!They played everything.All of my favourite songs!This show was great!Divine!Biblical:)I hope that I will be able to experience them again in my life!
P.S:The Greek cover was fantastic!

We Have Returned Yesterday From Thessaloniki!
:OMG: The Show Was Indescribable!!! Orphaned Land were so great!
Their music,their songs,their homeliness that they released to the fans was amazing!
There are no words that can describe the enraptured fans that were all like a family singing and shouting at the top
of their voices asking for songs and calling out "Orphaned Land"! :headbang:
At the end of the show there was a Greek cover suprise(Ah Ellada S'Agapo-
Nikos Papazoglou) that they had prepared for the Greek fans!!!They performed it even better than the greek song!
Who knows?Maybe in future we'll see them playing together in a gig with Nikos Papazoglou! ;)
Kobi's and Yossi's(that did some some vocals too)pronunciation was great,it was like they are Greeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:
I want to give for one more time congratulations to the band and to Miri(she
had participation in some songs)and thank them for being here in Greece to
play for us and for being so friendly to everyone!
Thank you guys for having such great moments with you :worship:
I also want to thank Tal,Hila,Lee(Eden's brother)Einav,Nathalie(our Morticia)
for having such great moments with them too :headbang: :kickass:
EFHARISTO Orphaned Land YAMAS
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Tikanis, Thessaloniki?!?! :hotjump:

WHAT A GREAT EXPERIENCE it was for us to be with you, we enjoyed every minute on stage and absolutely every minute out of the stage (Lots of Ouzou, Souvlaki and Recina :p ) - The hospitality was AMAZING, we love you all!
I hope we return to Greece once again (and soon!) and this time for more than few concerts.

Ah Elada S'agapo!!! :worship:

We were in Paradise!!!

The promoters were the best people we ever met, being with our family friends there was amaizing (Efharisto Chris, Stravoula, Greg, Hellen, Aris, Yiannis, Christos - SAGAPO!!!!!!)

We will be back again, it was a show to memorize :)

I Want To Send My Love To All The Orphaned's.it Was Fucking Great.u R All Great Persons.i'll Never Forget U. Hope To See U All Again Soon....i'm Sorry I Have No Words To Describe My Feeling .i'm Gonna Cry.thanx Again For The Unforgetable Moments We All Live With U Guys.my Respect For All Of U.thanx.

I Cry From Yesterday.all It Was So Wonderful That I Thought I Was Dreaming.i Want To Thank All Of U For Beeing So Sweet And Nice With Us.i'll Never Forget The Times We Spend All Together. How Amazing Are All Of You.it Was The Best Show I've Ever Seen In My Whole Life.i Trully Love You All And I Hope To See You All Again.take Care Of Yourselves And Have Health To Enjoy Your Lives.kisses With Tears And Forever Your Friend Helen!!!!!!!

wow, it looks like it's been so wonderful! thanks for the great photos IOfTheStorm and everybody for sharing the joy of those perfect moments with us. i felt like i was there!
you know, we so often hear in our weather forecasts something like "there will be a storm coming from the Balkans this week" and the weather here in Istanbul becomes like it was in Greece a week ago. :worship: This time it sure is a holy divine truth, and i hear it not with my ears but with my heart! :headbang:
I just can't wait to feel the storm raging :hotjump:

15th of January 2005...1 hour and 45 minutes...the flood...the storm...the rage...the divine intervation...
for one night Thessaloniki's land became the Orphaned Land!!!

Kobi (the voice of our heart), Yossi, Mati and Uri (the strings of our soul), Eden (the keys of our mind), Avi and Yatziv (the storming thunder of our spirit)and of course Miri (the "Distorted" melody of our feelings)...
showed to us all what Orphaned Land are made of!!!

If you combine their unique divine characters along with their unbelievable musical technique and feeling,
and if you put all these together on stage then for sure the result will be curved deep into everybody's memory and soul...
it's something that for sure brought tears in my eyes...
it's the sense of not believing what you see or listen...
a dream within a dream that you don't want to wake up from...
it's Orphaned Land!!!

Let me translate "The Butterfly Effect" into "The Orphaned Land Effect".
All this energy and feelings that comes out of an Orphaned Land show can't be all for sure been consumed
only by the fans attending this magic and miracle moment.
I'm sure that this energy founting from Orphaned Land is passing through us and travels to a bitter corner of this planet to deliver hope and love...
it's the hand of God enpowered by Orphaned Land!!!

This is their flood...their storm...their rage...

Thank you very much, from the deepest of my heart, soul, mind and spirit, my brothers in Orphaned Land
and also Miri, Lee (the mirror of Eden and the opposite), Tal, Hila, Ainaf, Nathalie...
i miss you all so very much allready, please come back soon!!!

My brothers i was trying to hold my tears all the way but in the end...
my beloved brother Kobi you managed to make me cry...i love you!!!