Orphaned Land error on Amazon

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
Just a warning for everyone out there who has not picked the new Orphaned Land cd, be warned not to order it on Amazon if you desire the CD/DVD version. I ordered it (which was even listed as CD/DVD) and when it came in the mail it seems they slipped me the regular version. I'm gonna try to get money back and return it, but they seemed to have remove the cd/dvd part of the description. Mighty sneaky if you ask me.

That sucks. Hopefully you get that worked out.

If not and your looking for another place to order it, I ordered my copy from LaserCD over the weekend and got it yesterday. I have to say, this is the coolest CD package I have ever seen. It's worth the extra money just for the packaging.

CMDistro had an amazing deal for pre-order. Ltd. Edition version + new OL shirt for $20. That was the one I got, and it was delivered a few days ago.

They're always doing these little preorder deals (CD+Shirt) real cheap. Worth checking out.

That sucks. Hopefully you get that worked out.

If not and your looking for another place to order it, I ordered my copy from LaserCD over the weekend and got it yesterday. I have to say, this is the coolest CD package I have ever seen. It's worth the extra money just for the packaging.

That's exactly where I'm going to order it from. I just hope I get my refund. Regardless I'm going for that cd/dvd version.

That's exactly where I'm going to order it from. I just hope I get my refund. Regardless I'm going for that cd/dvd version.

Amazon is usually pretty good about such stuff. Did you at least get an e-mail when you ordered that mentions the CD/DVD part though?

Just a warning for everyone out there who has not picked the new Orphaned Land cd, be warned not to order it on Amazon if you desire the CD/DVD version. I ordered it (which was even listed as CD/DVD) and when it came in the mail it seems they slipped me the regular version. I'm gonna try to get money back and return it, but they seemed to have remove the cd/dvd part of the description. Mighty sneaky if you ask me.

Yeah, I find it difficult to buy anything "special" like that from amazon. I have also been burned in the past and got the wrong version of stuff. That's why I stick with Ken @ Laser's Edge or Den at Sentinel Steel for all my special edition stuff. I should get my Orphaned Land from Ken tomorrow. Can't wait!!

Amazon is usually pretty good about such stuff. Did you at least get an e-mail when you ordered that mentions the CD/DVD part though?

Yeah, I preordered and got that. Yet sometime between the release and now they must have axed the cd/dvd part. This is the first time I've actually ever had a problem with them.

Yeah, I preordered and got that. Yet sometime between the release and now they must have axed the cd/dvd part. This is the first time I've actually ever had a problem with them.

Then you should be able to get a refund easily. Just include the part that was sent in the e-mail mentioning cd/dvd and that you never received an e-mail correcting it between then and when it shipped.

CMDistro had an amazing deal for pre-order. Ltd. Edition version + new OL shirt for $20. That was the one I got, and it was delivered a few days ago.

They're always doing these little preorder deals (CD+Shirt) real cheap. Worth checking out.

That is a really nice deal! I haven't ordered anything from CMDistro before, but I'm going to start checking it out. Looks like the Orphaned Land combo is temporarily out of stock. Are the deals always just for pre-orders or do they sometimes carry over after the albums have been released?

That is a really nice deal! I haven't ordered anything from CMDistro before, but I'm going to start checking it out. Looks like the Orphaned Land combo is temporarily out of stock. Are the deals always just for pre-orders or do they sometimes carry over after the albums have been released?

I picked up a CD that came with a t-shirt for around the same price well after the CD had been released. If CM is doing the US release, I think they often keep offering those kinds of deals.

Yeah, same thing happened to me with CD Universe, they listed it as having a DVD, still do actually. I just sent them a message asking for a refund due to a fraudulent listing, and I ordered the real ltd.ed. from Laser CD.

Update: after a couple emails, I got a refund from CD Universe. At first the rep wanted me to either send the CD back or email the UPC # so she could verify the mistake...told her I no longer had the UPC, and that I've been a customer of theirs for several years, and that receiving a refund for a false listing shouldn't be asking too much...she agreed :) You have any luck with Amazon yet, nomisofsiman?

Update: after a couple emails, I got a refund from CD Universe. At first the rep wanted me to either send the CD back or email the UPC # so she could verify the mistake...told her I no longer had the UPC, and that I've been a customer of theirs for several years, and that receiving a refund for a false listing shouldn't be asking too much...she agreed :) You have any luck with Amazon yet, nomisofsiman?

I'll have to wait and see. For amazon, you write the problem and they give you a label for returns. I returned the package, so I'll see if I get the refund. If I don't, I'm raising hell. :lol:

I had the same issue. I emailed amazon, saying I will keep the CD but would appreciate a gesture for the potential price difference and "false advertising". I got a $10 credit for my next order. That's fine by me :)

I had the same issue. I emailed amazon, saying I will keep the CD but would appreciate a gesture for the potential price difference and "false advertising". I got a $10 credit for my next order. That's fine by me :)

If I get a credit, that's all I care about with as frequent as I order from there.