Orphaned Land new album news

whoa, calm down. I heard the hype about Mabool, I gave it an honest listen. I did not really care for it. I think that the idea of a eastern-metal band is a good idea,however it was excelled pretty poorly.

Obviously i could have not given it enough listens, or maybe i have no taste in music (hah). But as far as i beleive .. they are terrible.

DEMIgOD said:
whoa, calm down. I heard the hype about Mabool, I gave it an honest listen. I did not really care for it. I think that the idea of a eastern-metal band is a good idea,however it was excelled pretty poorly.

Obviously i could have not given it enough listens, or maybe i have no taste in music (hah). But as far as i beleive .. they are terrible.

translated: I didn't like it so it's obviously the suckiest music ever made.

far from the worst music ever made. heh. I will give the new album a listen, anything wilson wants to take part in has to have SOMETHING special about it.

I want to like them, they have a unique thing going i just wish it was done better.

Holy_Bastard said:
Orphaned Land is the best folk metal band EVER -for me of course- :)

I haven't seen anyone who didn't like it...

heh, I've never heard OL called folk-metal before. I guess that's just my american stereotyping.
Otyg may not be my favorite, but THEY are a good example of folk-metal in its purest form. Cruachan and Korpiklaani also come to mind. Not OL. Their concepts are more universal.

You might be right in some points but I think OL is a very very good example for folk metal... Yes , their music consists of some universal elements too , but those don't make them a non-folk metal band -whatever this means- :) You can say it sounds like 'turkish or arabic' music too... Yeah , that's right but these nations also contributed very very much to the culture and music of those lands and the people living there. So -I think- we can call them folk :)

Braighs said:
heh, I've never heard OL called folk-metal before. I guess that's just my american stereotyping.
Otyg may not be my favorite, but THEY are a good example of folk-metal in its purest form. Cruachan and Korpiklaani also come to mind. Not OL. Their concepts are more universal.
it depends where your folk are from.