Orphaned Land To Play In India!

Chanakya

Orphaned Brother
Apr 6, 2008
Philadelphia
Yes, this is happening in February! We shall see greater traffic as a result! This really is a dream come true, regardless of the fact that I won't be back in my country to see them.

Yeah, that sucks that you are not there. I'm actually thinking about going there. Would like to get in touch with some Indian fans of the band.

More info on METAL INDIA MAGAZINE
http://www.metalindiamagazine.com/news/orphaned-land-to-tour-india-in-february

metalindia_logo_header.jpg

Wow! That´s awesome. I want to go to India too. Yeah, I know... I went to Israel, I wanted to go to Istambul, now I want to go to India. Yeah, I want to go everywhere...
Anyway, Where are you Ananth? Why are you not going to be home?

Hey Uncle Wally, what might your name be?

I'm actually studying in America right now so I've been away from my country since the past few months. I hope it goes amazing though!

Well, my name is obviously Wally, without the "uncle" 8P. It´s actually an old nick from a time when everybody used to call me "Tio Wally" (Uncle Wally in spanish). But I got used to it and I always use the same nick and password in order not to forget them :p.
How about yours?
What are you studying?

Hello Wally!

My name's the same as my user ID :D I'm studying economics. You really should try to go for the concert, I can get my friends to show you around :D

This is amazing. Few bands from the "western world" (I hate those tags but well, hence the " signs) go to India despite the fact that many fans await them there. Why doesn't it surprise me Orphaned Land is one of the few to do go there? :) If only other bands would care as much about their fans and include some other countries in their world tours... There's so many bands for whom a "world tour" is de facto a North American and European tour, with Australia and Japan included if they're having time left. Very few bands go to places like China, India, Africa, ... despite the fans willing to see them.

If only I had the finances I'd go to India for these gigs. I fear though the price tag makes it impossible. But it must be a unique experience both for the band and the fans. Can someone please post a LOT of pictures of these gigs?? :)

I was thinking to go, but the visa for India in Holland is a nightmare of a process, since the embassy doesn't handle it anymore. Also all the Israel stamps in my passport make a 10hr overlay in Dubai (for a cheap flight) a horror scenario.
Still- I have some friends that are going- my orphaned sisters Betul and Derya and will ask them for tons of pictures.

Mmmhh... I didn´t know that the visa was hard to get. I never asked about it, but I´d love to go in a not so distant future and I really hope that I can...

Thanks for the offer, man. But I´ll have to pass this time. I´ll tell you when I go, and I hope that I can meet you too as well...