Orphaned Land

Dead_Lioness

Godless
May 31, 2002
Arlington, Virginia
Visit site
now, i dont know how many of you guys know this band, or the story behind them, but this is an amazing band from Israel, that after 7 years of silence finally releases their album, on Century Media. (on Feb 23rd)

they have one song online now on the CM webpage:

http://www.centurymedia.de/century/index.aspx?page=5

their early metirial is Oriental music with Death metal, probably the first band who started to combine the two back in the early 90's.
they have a forum on the UM, which BlackWaterNymph visits regulary
:wave: hi samantha!

you guys should check them out.
they are amazing musicians, amazing people, and above all, good friends.

:hotjump:

"El Nora Allila" is a M A S T E R P I E C E
after that not something really special...
their demo is a kick-ass too .. "the beloved's cry" - the song - is one of my all time fav songs
rumors say that Mabool is very good

by oriental i mean..... eastern.... maybe oriental is not the word...
thats how they define their music all over their website and on the internet....

i meant to say: middle eastern music combines with death metal :D

yeah, Sahara and El Nora Alila are GREAT albums!!!!
check out their new album as well!
its AWESOME!

*hops up and down* yes yes yes! OL is an amazing band, very talented and passionate and the guys are all really terrific people. When people ask for music suggestions I always mention them, I've never come across anything similar to OL, and I would also highly suggest Orphaned Land to everyone here. I've been looking forward to this album for quite some time, I can't wait for Mabool!

[15:44] <Wolftribe> NP-Orphaned Land-Kiss of Babylon
[15:47] <Wolftribe> holy crap
[15:47] <Wolftribe> i really like this
[15:47] <Wolftribe> heh
[15:48] <Wolftribe> KAren, if you are reading this, thanks for the recommendation
[15:48] <Wolftribe> methinks a trip to the cd store is going to be needed soon

im glad :)

Lillitu said:
Yeah, what he said. Heh. What's the chance of a US tour? If they come to Seattle, I'll offer my place up as a shower stop...

you're so sweet !

a US tour depends on the sales of their album here, and on Century Media...

you know.. if they'll have a US tour they'll have a friend touring with them...... ;)

*waves and points at self*

Woooo! Happy you guys are enjoying OL! Everyone I've sent their stuff to has really liked them as well. I listened to the one track on the website, I know Mabool is on the web but I won't download it...but since that track is on CM's site I figured I'd listen. And WOW! Fucking...WOW! This is going to be one hell of an album. Best of 2004 without a doubt. *sighs* To see them live in Israel....

Dead_Lioness said:
you're so sweet !

a US tour depends on the sales of their album here, and on Century Media...
you know.. if they'll have a US tour they'll have a friend touring with them...... ;)

*waves and points at self*
LOL. No problems there either. I can take you out for a Stella. ;)