Orphaned Land's 2004 Summary

Folklore

Orphaned Avi (not drumer)
Sep 18, 2002
Israel
www.orphaned-land.co.il
Well well well.. where do we begin??
2004 was an extraordinary year for Orphaned Land !! The most successful year so far !

heres some of what the band did this year:

MABOOL Finally came out ! The band's new dubble cd (album & acoustic live recording) was published by one the the biggest names in metal record companies - CENTURY MEDIA)
The new album is rapidly gaining popularity and is already localy printed in Mexico, Germany, Brazil, Russia, Columbia, Israel, America, Taiwan and even Hong Kong (!!). A lable from Mexico had also printed reissues of Sahara and El Nora Alila!
Following the success of MABOOL the band's total sales of all of its albums had raised to over 100,000 copies ! (and that's not includes the mp3 format albums which were downloaded in places where western music is forbidden).

Folowing the band's success, more then 200 interviews were taken, six of which are for local issues of METAL HAMMER.
Over 350 reviews of the band and albums were found so far.
Israels biggest daily papers had interviewed the band and published articles about the orphaneds.
The bad had appeard on several popular shows incl. a popolistic one and the biggest radio station in the country. The band is also showend on israeli music channel. This rarely happens on israeli media!

A documentry film about the band was showen at israelis annual Film festival in haifa! the movie was also showen on cable tv and scored fine on reviews.
The band's first video ever was made this year!! Its already appears on a Century Media DVD clip collection and on israeli music channel!

The band had performed 4 times in israel, two of which were birthday gigs (10th BD for SAHARA album and 13th anniversery of the band which was in an ancient roman theater in northen israel). 3 promo performances were given! two at big record shops and one at a radio station. The band had also performed in a Wedding !!
Orphaned land had to posphone a tour with TRISTANIA & THERION, but did perform an unforgetable show at ROCK THE NATION festival in istanbul !! 5000 fans were goshing when the band performed along with important bands like Katatonia, Amon Amarth, Destruction, UDO, Caliban, Epica, Sentenced, Pain of Salvation, Paul Di'anno and many more !! This is the first time an Israeli band reach this honour !!

We hope next year will be even better!

All that happened this year is mainly a result of the devotion of our fans: YOU!!
WE LOVE YOU !! Thank you !!! STAY FOREVER ORPHAN!!

THE STORM STILL RAGES !!

Thwnk you for the translation Folklore. I saw the thread in the hebrew language but could not make out one thing.
If you read all of this, I think Orphaned Land is writing metal history for an iraeli band!
Let the storm rage on in 2005 and let's hope that they will be able to include some gigs in western europe for the coming year.

World domination (-; for OL and lots of love in their private lives.

Amen for that
the storm will always rage in our souls ..what i feel for the band and the great members here ,is beyond being a musik fan ...
so wish u luck every body ..

Morticia my dear.
I would just like you to know that the way I see it, if folks like you Chris and stravoula, would`ve come to istanbul, most of tihs would never be possible !!!

What an outstanding year. Congrads on the rave reviews. As a fan from the US, everyone I've talked to who has heard the album loves it, and everyone I've recommended it to thinks its great. Come play the US soon! Fear the Flood!

Folklore said:
Morticia my dear.
I would just like you to know that the way I see it, if folks like you Chris and stravoula, would`ve come to istanbul, most of tihs would never be possible !!!

That's for sure my friend!If we haven't met all of you there,nothing would be same and so great!
:headbang:
Many congratulations to OL for everything that they succeed till today! :headbang: :hotjump: :worship:

Congratulations for 2004! I wish you that 2005 shall get even better!!! :Spin:
Just continue being such great persons and musicians... ;)

Many greetings to Orphaned Land, for giving us wonderful music, supporting peace and love instead of hatred, and emphasizing the oneness of the nations, of the world! Sure you guys have taught us so many things...
The storm will rage forever, not only in 1991-2004, 2005 but in every year that this world will see...

well, Orphaned Land have great master pieces ( I like Sahara the most by the way), but ... don't you think that the band doesn't have alot of records, I mean comparing to other bands who worked for less than 13 years, OL should have more than 3 albums and a demo, make more music, release more music, more clips ??

OL will flood the metal years to come brothers and sisters!!! :headbang: :hotjump:
OL have and will give to us a lot more cause what they do comes directly from their soul and heart. It's a love that they share with their fans worldwide.
A love that fountains from their music for their fans and the opposite.

...the storm will continue raging... :headbang: :)