I'm going to Israel (discussion,also orphaned land concert dates?)

Paradoxile :oops: :oops: stop it, stop it!!!

Yup, the Carmel market, that's the one.

One more useful tip> I always try to dress modestly in the streets, especially around Jerusalem. Before you know it you find yourself lost in the chassidic quarters... they do not appreciate when you do not more or less stick to their dress code ( read the signs...)
I found that covering my blond hair is better to not attract attention and blend in- one thing I love to do. The best compliment is when people address me in hebrew, thinking I am a local.
Also I think it is a terrible thing when tourists dress badly or inappropriate- remember when abroad, you are representing your country ;)

now quit all this talk about Israel, how I miss the place!!!!:yell:

This is where I am trying not to be conspiquous, picknicking in a Jerusalem park with friends ( Sabach from the hebrew forum)
Israel010_filteredb.jpg

Actually when you cover your hair people think you are married...and there are enough religious blond jewish girls to go arround so basicly if you don't talk you fit in perfectly.
You know it's kinda funny...you miss Israel,I miss the netherlands(and not just amsterdam)...the whole feeling of no worries and policemen without guns and just serenety...

Me, on the roofs of the old city
Israel107a.jpg

Chassidic jews, walking on the roofs, wearing their prayer chords
Israel103a.jpg

Since there are lots of steps and narrow streets in the old market place of Jerusalem and the whole place is packed with people and shops, carts are used to move goods around
PICT2953a.jpg

PICT2990c.jpg

The famous Al Aqsa mosk
PICT2992.jpg

Bibles and holy books, available in every language, at the site of the western (wailing) wall
PICT2999.jpg
PICT3002a.jpg

Inside the streets....
PICT3014c.jpg

The Jafa gate, through which most people enter old Jerusalem
PICT3017b.jpg

Chruches around Jerusalem
Israel086.jpg

Israel091.jpg

Nightlife in Jerusalem> having a midnight falafel with Sabach, Avi ( not in the picture) and a german friend
I love my Arik ve Benz shirt!!!!!
Israel019.jpg

At a beer festival in Jerusalem
PICT3032.jpg

Yossis retirement ???
Israel114.jpg

Another market in Jerusalem ( Folklore in the forefront)
PICT3088.jpg

You have to visit this place, though it is hard to look at the things on display> Yad Vashem, the holocaust memorial/museum- just outside Jerusalem
PICT3085.jpg

Back to Tel Aviv

View from Jaffa onto the Tel Aviv promenade
Israel125.jpg

Now here’s my love, the apple of my eye, the place where my soul longs to dwell> Jaffa
View from Tel Aviv beach onto Jaffa
Israel115.jpg

Again, looking in the direction of Tel Aviv beach
Israel126.jpg

Inside Jaffa ‘as I walk through its endless maze...’
Israel123a.jpg

Israel122.jpg

Israel124.jpg

With Folkore
Israel116a.jpg

Israel119.jpg

Israel117.jpg

I hope to have given you some glances of the things you can expect.
Through these pictures, I share my love for this country and the people in it!!!!!

Paradoxile- we should do the following> I offer you my place in Holland for one year, and I take your place in Israel. I am not kidding here...

Awesome thanks heaps for the amazing photos guys, I leave in two hours, I'll be sure to post if I get the chance, hopefully get to live my dream and see Orphaned Land too while I'm in the country :D!