OT: 7-string V's

I think the natural finished V's are korina and the black ones are mohogany. I can't imagine as much as that stuff costs that anyone would be painting over it.

people list them as korina because the original flying V was and the natural-finished reissue looks like it.

As far as how does korina sound? I dont know, ha ha. I imagine pretty tight the originals are going for 50 grand or so.

Mine sounds like a slightly brighter version of my Gibby les paul. It sounds good, records good. I'm just not in love with the stock pickups, but I've yet to find a stock guitar that I was

I've played a KXK 7 string V, it's very nice. I don't like the recessed bridge, but that's just me. For the price (< 2000) they're outstanding. They're handmade, have real duncans or EMGs, and the finish work is outstanding. They take about 6 months to build.

I have 3 custom shop Jackson 7 strings (1 V, 1 Star, 1 DeathWarrior), and they are damn near perfect. They'll set you back at least $3k and you'll wait over a year to get them.

Right now, there is no company that is making a 7 string V as a production model. KXK, Jackson, BC Rich, BC Jr. all make them, but they are custom order.

Oh man, can we have some pics PLEASE!!!
*can't stop drulling at the thought*

This is all I have right now. I just moved and haven't found the cable from the digital camera to the computer :)

rr_head.jpg

rr_front.jpg

Hey, nice finish! I don't think i've seen many Jacksons with that colour, looks cool. Love that headstock too. The pointy Jackson does get a bit old after a while, but that's a nice spin on it.

Hey, nice finish! I don't think i've seen many Jacksons with that colour, looks cool. Love that headstock too. The pointy Jackson does get a bit old after a while, but that's a nice spin on it.

Thanks. The colour is called Rootbeer - it is only available on the Phil Collen signature model and custom shops. The headstock was my modification of their SLS headstock - I used it on one of my other custom shops, and the other guitarist in my old band used it on his custom shop as well.

Thanks. The colour is called Rootbeer - it is only available on the Phil Collen signature model and custom shops. The headstock was my modification of their SLS headstock - I used it on one of my other custom shops, and the other guitarist in my old band used it on his custom shop as well.

For that price, its worth it. That is the most badass guitar I've seen. Too bad I'm primarily a bassist, I just can't justify that much money to myself... yet.

I don't know when you requested that quote, but their prices have increased a great deal recently.

Not for me! :lol: I got a quote for $1400 I think. You guys should check out www.ikebe-gakki.com, it's the Japanese guitar megastore and they do imports; Jackson is called Jackson Stars over in Japan, and theres a 7 string KV and Kelly me thinks.