OT: CKY BASH SLAYER?

At the end of the day, the music will speak for itself. I'll check out the next CKY album.

I accept that Deron was asked a question on his own forum but considered the depth and extent of his response it's naive to think that a statement on a public forum like that wouldn't be picked up by the likes of Blabbermouth and/or discussed elsewhere in the metal community. He wasn't forced into that tirade. I think this is why the likes of Andy and a few other don't talk negatively about other people in the industry. They are savvy enough to know that comments can be taken out of context (I know the feeling), so for their professional wellbeing (and a bit of class thrown in) they usually don't do it unless there's a very good reason for it.
yes, i don't find it acceptable at all, personally, to speak negatively of others in the industry.. or of anyone really.. and i don't believe i've done so here... i believe Deron was truly speaking more as a fan of metal and as a champion of the early death metal scene and his enthusiasm in that regard took precedence over political concerns . i realize he wasn't forced.. but he was moved by the moment for whatever reason. He is my friend and colleague and i have felt compelled to come to his defense in this, especially since knowing him personally and professionally i'm more than aware of his musical abilities and knowledge of metal music.

my last comment on this matter..... Reign In Blood was seminal in shaping heavy music as we know it today and will always be on my top 10 metal albums of all time.

Also, a little less provoked on this myspace...

"1. METALLICA master of puppets

50. LILLIAN AXE psychoschizophrenia

P.S.- im sure i've left out some great records and...

yes, i hate slayer and pantera"

*sigh*... i never said anywhere that his new project was death metal. i said a "heavier" project (as in heavier than cKy)... i also said deron was way into old school death metal. you made an incorrect connection somewhere. having said that, there's quite a few death metal elements, such as the drumming and some of the vocals. also the riffs are totally Spiritual Healilng (Death, 1990... my first album i ever played and wrote on) influenced. please take note, i said "influenced" NOT copied, so this influence shows through Deron's writing as the sum of many influences and his own talent. those mixes on myspace are roughs done by Deron and Logan Mader.. i'm working on the final mixes now and they'll be posted as soon as they are approved.

*sigh*... i never said anywhere that his new project was death metal. i said a "heavier" project (as in heavier than cKy)... i also said deron was way into old school death metal. you made an incorrect connection somewhere. having said that, there's quite a few death metal elements, such as the drumming and some of the vocals. also the riffs are totally Spiritual Healilng (Death, 1990... my first album i ever played and wrote on) influenced. please take note, i said "influenced" NOT copied, so this influence shows through Deron's writing as the sum of many influences and his own talent. those mixes on myspace are roughs done by Deron and Logan Mader.. i'm working on the final mixes now and they'll be posted as soon as they are approved.

Sorry, I was actually reffering to how they say they are death metal on their site, not that you said it was death metal. Just an observation.