OT: dragonforce...

Incidently, couple of years ago, ihad a few beers with Sam Totman in a bar and he's an awesome guy.

DF used to be cool during VOTD era but after that it just became shite.

I find it hard to believe they are that bad, I knew they sped stuff up and everything but that's just horrible!

Amazing.

At their shows they have trampolines to jump off of.

For their last tour they had a myspace contest and the "winners" got to jump on the trampolines (all women of course).

Love their music. Don't plan on seeing them live again.

I'm trying to think of something to post like, "Oh, you guys are taking this out of context, maybe they didn't warm up, haven't played in a while," etc etc. However, I don't think there is any way to refute that much evidence.

Damn, that's hard to watch. I thought I abused PT.

:zombie:

Wow, that's really really bad. That "Bet you can't play this!" part is atrocious, and then in multiple live shots it looks like they just kind of slap around on the neck of their guitars with very little to no control over what notes they are creating. I always had a strong feeling that Sam was a douche when it came to the guitar, but it's looking like Herman isn't all he cuts himself out to be, either. And from the first time I ever heard one of their CDs, all those random chirps and guitar effects noises that happen mid-solo made me wonder what goes on when they're in the studio. As Genuis Gone Insane as stated, it's hard to refute this much evidence and it's really stupid that their cheating goes this deep.
I wouldn't care so much about all of this, if it weren't for the fact that they try to show off so much and have created an image for themselves as top knotch guitar players.

About the only thing I can add is that when I saw them live it was a mighty fine show. They didn't seem to sound too off to me and played pretty dang well. Plus they came on off after Bleeding Through, and just about anything after Bleeding Through will sound great.

bandwidth_owned.gif

i wonder how they went about recording things so that they would sound right when sped up

or if they some how recorded the solo's to a click track, half speed, then double sped up? i dunno, any one got some clues on what exactley they did, sounds interesting! haha