OT: Great reads

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
Thought we could have a thread about good books to dive into (I used to be a big reader and I'm trying to get off the smartphone and back to good old fashioned reading).

So over the Festive break I got stuck into two books - both of Megadeths two Dave's autobiographies.

Talk about black n white. It's interesting to read about events from very different sides of the fence.

Junior is quite the calmer, polite and diplomatic type.
Mustaine doesn't hold back anything.

Both are great reads and given the struggles (both personal and band related) they went through I've new respect for them both. Mustaine's insight into life with and after Metallica is quite candid.

Anyone else reading anything good at the moment?

Thought we could have a thread about good books to dive into (I used to be a big reader and I'm trying to get off the smartphone and back to good old fashioned reading).

So over the Festive break I got stuck into two books - both of Megadeths two Dave's autobiographies.

Talk about black n white. It's interesting to read about events from very different sides of the fence.

Junior is quite the calmer, polite and diplomatic type.
Mustaine doesn't hold back anything.

Both are great reads and given the struggles (both personal and band related) they went through I've new respect for them both. Mustaine's insight into life with and after Metallica is quite candid.

Anyone else reading anything good at the moment?
I've read Slash,duff and Steven adlers,also Anthony kiedes,fantastic reds even though I'm not a fan of his,alrose dime bag book is a fantastic read as well as is Rex,I really hope Phillip anselmo gets the desire to finish his off

I've been wanting to read Crue's The Dirt for a while actually.

Also been dying to get Scott's book too!

I've been wanting to read Crue's The Dirt for a while actually.

Also been dying to get Scott's book too!

I thought that it was a given about Scott's book,it's outstanding,very long but u won't be able to put it down,I quite enjoyed Nike six the heroin diaries as well

I've been trying to get more back into reading books as well. I just finished re-reading 1984, which is my favorite book of all time. Right now I'm reading Scott Weiland's autobiography. It's quite interesting, though not particularly coherent in a narrative sense - it's very fractured (Can't say I'm surprised, though).

@ThraxMan Ellefson is a really genuinely nice guy. I really enjoyed this book. Rather uplifting.

Reading Mustaine's autobiography you get a sense of his bitterness and rather obnoxious ways - to Dave's credit he does admit to a lot of his short comings. It's actually quite a sad tale at times even from a young age he's always been a misfit and on the outer with most people.

Just finished Max Cavalera's biography. Good, but I like Scott's a lot better, it's more fun and well written.
Unlike Scott's book, Max's book has been translated to Czech and maybe that's a problem. The translation is poor and I think the guy sometimes didn't really get what Max was saying and had it wrong.
He trashtalks his ex bandmates a lot, both from Sepultura and Soulfly.

Scott's book is very good - very revealing. Quite the eye opener.