The Book Thread! All opinions welcome!

You won't be disappointed :) I just found a book I forgot to mention- Big Girl by Daniel Steel. It's about a girl, who is overweight and her parents don't like her because of that and her younger sister is the perfect child, because she is slim and pretty. Victoria (the big girl) was feeling pretty bad because no matter how hard she tried she couldn't get skinnier. And then in the fitness salon she met the love of her life (I think his name was Kolin)
It was pretty interesting- I enjoyed it a lot (there was one moment about a guy, called Bo and they were in love but one day he just told her that they have to break up because he is gay :lol: )
However, amazing book with nothing paranormal in it- describes the life of a girl in a very interesting way :)
Make sure you check it out guys- awesome book :)

That's when having an insanely HUGE handbag comes in handy. I swear, I can have my Kindle, MP3 player and headphones, couple of bottles of water, wallet, 4 lipbalms, 3 lipsticks, and 4 books before its full.

I usually bring 3 large backpacks with me to the book fair, and I still find them to be packed full!
shocked.gif

Wow.

I will admit that I can't read Cassie Edwards after realizing that all her books are almost total meet, slap, rolling in the grass, then married and end.

So one of the Finnish related books I got for Christmas is called "The Enchanted Wood and Other Tales from Finland".. if you ever happen upon it, it's really awesome. I would suggest it. It just has a lot of general information in it along with lots of folklore.
A quote talking about the seasons, "The summers are short, but they make up for it with incredible long days called "white nights." :D I had no idea, and now the song White Night Fantasy has even more meaning!

For Xmas I got the following books:

Between the Lies by Marv Levy
Sweetness: The Enigmatic Life of Walter Payton by Jeff Pearlman
Fatal Error by J.A. Jance
For Better Or For Worse Treasury Volume 2
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 TPB Vol. 1

The Enchanted Wood book sounds good. I nearly bought the Kalevala a while ago, but then I decided not to (what was I thinking?)

I bought some books of Norwegian folk tales when I was in Epcot's Norway section and I really like them. They're called Troll Tales, Weird tales from Northern Seas and Scandinavian Ghost stories

All those books sound fantastic!

Right now I'm still in fantasy mode, after my annual holiday re-reading of LOTR, so I'm keeping it going. I'm currently reading a book by Mercedes Lackey called By the Sword. I've never read her books before, but I found it at the book fair and the story seemed interesting enough. So far it feels like I'm right in an old-school episode of She-Ra!

Hmm, I'm not normally into that kind of genre myself; one good book I can think of that I did enjoy of the "horror" category was a book called The Godsend by Bernard Taylor (I just checked it on Amazon; the cover of the book has a review on it that says "If you like The Exorcist or Rosemary's Baby..." then you would like this book too!). It's a story about a family who befriends a pregnant woman, and then she abandons the baby with them after it's born. The child grows up to do some rather wicked things! Kind of like The Omen, but the child is a girl and not a boy, and she's not exactly deemed the anti-Christ.

It was also made into a movie in the early '80s; probably would be considered almost cheesy to those who have become more accustomed to how horror films are done these days.

Hmm, I'm not normally into that kind of genre myself; one good book I can think of that I did enjoy of the "horror" category was a book called The Godsend by Bernard Taylor (I just checked it on Amazon; the cover of the book has a review on it that says "If you like The Exorcist or Rosemary's Baby..." then you would like this book too!). It's a story about a family who befriends a pregnant woman, and then she abandons the baby with them after it's born. The child grows up to do some rather wicked things! Kind of like The Omen, but the child is a girl and not a boy, and she's not exactly deemed the anti-Christ.

It was also made into a movie in the early '80s; probably would be considered almost cheesy to those who have become more accustomed to how horror films are done these days.
Hmmmm, this sounds pretty nice! Thnx C.:wave: