The Book Thread

I've found myself reading more history than fiction lately. I'm re-reading The Fall of Rome by R.A. Lafferty, which is one of my all-time favorite books, and also reading Auschwitz by Dr. Miklos Nyiszli. I'm now looking at buying a couple of books about Genghis Khan and the Salem Witch Trials. Weird combinations, I know.

Even horridly rhymed and nearly unintelligible rap music? What about emo poetry with bad spelling?

I dodge your phallus
And whip out my own penis
You fall to your knees

We totally should make a thread which every post has to be a haiku.

clearly you faggots are too much of n00bs to know of the Tofutti thread.

lolz jewspeak

אלוהים יצר את השמים וכדור הארץ

בָּרָ֣א

clearly you forgot

Edit:

I am indeed an idiot.

Especially considering its in my fucking bookmarks under "Threads that need to be read all the time".

I read some crazy obscure book.

Like so obscure, not even I know the name.

If it involves a cat and a hat, I think I know what it is. That seems to be about your reading level anyway.

It was actually Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

Quite the brutal pictures.

I've been reading Dark Tower since 1995. Oddly though, I still need to finish Wolves of the Calla and up.

He promised he'd finish DT before he retired officially, and luckily he delivered, though he has a new one out called Lisey's Story.

I've read everything by Stephen King and love the Dark Tower series. I even re-read the entire series right after finishing book 7 the first time, and have read it all again since then (this time mostly for research for a game I made based on the series). There is a Dark Tower comic book series detailing Roland's rise as a Gunslinger and the events leading up to where the book series starts off. It is being done in several short series and I think there will be 30 issues total. The first 7 issue arc didn't really cover any new ground (Roland earning his guns and the events that took place in Wizard and Glass), but the rest is supposed to cover a lot more of the war against Farson (the Good Man)'s army and the battle at Jericho Hill. The next issues are due out in February.

I just finished Lisey's Story a couple months ago. It was pretty damn boring until about half way through. I actually stopped reading it and read a couple of other books before coming back to it. But, by the end of it, I was pleased. It wasn't on par with The Stand or the DT series, but it was decent enough.

I am now tearing through a bunch of Battletech novels I picked up on ebay.