OT: How often do you check out this forum?

How often and how do you use this forum?

• (Only) reading every day

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • (Only) reading once a week

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • (Only) reading once a month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More or less posting every a day

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • On average: posting once a week

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Never really posting, just "lurking"

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

astream

Burning headbanger
Jul 24, 2009
Hi guys,

just out of curiousity ...

I am checking like once a day since maybe a year. Posting not that often, have started some threads though. Most of them were very short-lived. Some not (like 1 or 2 threads I think).

Not sure if I am using the poll function, hope this works.

I check it daily however I don't post anywher near as often as i used to. Threads I start are short lived as well. There used to be tons more action in here. Was a point when you had to dig a page or two back to catch up and there was no time to read every thread. Band members would chime in occasionally. There not being a link on the web page and the advent of other social media ie MySpace, Facebook, twitter have all contributed to the decline in activity in my opinion.

The band also in general used to be more accessible. You could walk right up to them several hours before a show and shoot the shit with them. People would post stories and tons of photos on here about their Anthrax adventures. Ah I miss the John Bush days sometimes.

I'm here more or less every day. Sometimes I just don't have nothing to say.

I check it daily however I don't post anywher near as often as i used to. Threads I start are short lived as well. There used to be tons more action in here. Was a point when you had to dig a page or two back to catch up and there was no time to read every thread. Band members would chime in occasionally. There not being a link on the web page and the advent of other social media ie MySpace, Facebook, twitter have all contributed to the decline in activity in my opinion.

The good ol' days!

The band also in general used to be more accessible. You could walk right up to them several hours before a show and shoot the shit with them. People would post stories and tons of photos on here about their Anthrax adventures. Ah I miss the John Bush days sometimes.

I missed out on these days completely ... was this in the time of the Blastbeat Emails and the Alphamail? Think I recall something like that on the "old" website.

How can we get the band starting to use the forum again?

Members who bad mouth the board on other MBs doesn't help either.

Yep..gone were the Alpha mails, Blast beats..and the Random Act of Senseless Writing..

So wtf happened?

Why did it all change?

The reunion came about and people started talking bad about the band ... was this a reason?

I was a long time lurker, from 2002 actually. I joined to chat about one of my favourite bands. I check daily. I've racked up a lot of posts in my short time. I'm passionate and sometimes that gets me in trouble because I stick up for myself and others that are copping it. I admit I got caught up in some arguments, and I can be sarcastic, but I never wanted them. It was always retaliation. Some here have problems accepting other's point of view and go out of thier way to troll and belittle. I remember the "fat" comments whenever I posted my videos and the "Britney Videos" very well. No wonder the band stopped participating here. I seem to have more friends than enemies here so the bad shit is just that, shit. Cheers NFMB.

Pretty much.

So this seems to be the reason, that caused the band members taking some big (digital) steps away from their fan community.

I can not believe that just selling Meet 'n' Greet-packages for their shows, is the only way they want to keep in touch and interact with their fans. I am convinced about that. I remember who cool it was at Sweden Rock 2003 (kick-ass show) when Scott came back after the show talking to the fans closest to the stage (we were many). And also remember who cool it was, when he answered a mail I once wrote him.

I guess we, as well as the band, feel we've been through "some shitty times" but now are back on track somehow. Would be so great to have the band posting again. That would bring the whole fan community to another level.

So, how do we make them come back here? Or to post somewhere else where we, the band and the fans, all can meet up?

What I would expect from us:
That we keep a level of decency and stay open to whatever the band chooses to do (if we agree with it or not). Constructive criticism given with respect must be allowed though!

What I would wish from the band:
That they stay open to a dialogue with their fans

I think we all want the band to start posting again (not counting Twitter here). Regardless if we agree with all they decisions they have made in the past. And as mentioned, I definitely think the band wants to as well, if people can be avoiding acting like douchebags, like has been said in this thread already.

(Now I am finished with my moral preaching.)

That's because of the position they were in at the time. They don't really have to do that now. I'm sure they still appreciate their fans, but heck If I was in their position I don't think I'd want to have spend every second of every day on tour that I'm actually out of the bus with 20 random people saying weird shit to me before I have to play a show. However, I think the whole pay to meet the band thing just seems kind of icky.