OT - I just shaved my chin for the first time in almost 9 years

Social Distortion

The Voice of Reason
Sep 10, 2004
Lahti Rock City, Finland
Yep, it was time. I've had the Dimebag beard (pink, purple, basically all the shades of red) since 2006 (started growing it in '05) as a tribute to him. Quite frankly, it had become a huge pain in the ass for some time now, since us 'normal' folks sometimes need to look decent for some stupid shit. I'm also such a lazy shaver that sometimes I just let it grow for weeks, and it's always pretty hard to get the goatee all symmetrical and shit after that. I've also had sideburns for years now (Elvis represent yo!), so I went all in with those. My favorite comic book hero (from Marvel) has always been Wolverine and now I get to look like him. It just feels so damn weird without the goatee!

My girlfriend's never seen me clean shaven, so it's going to be interesting when she gets home from work. I would post before and after pics if it wasn't for the fact that I choose not to.

I shaved my beard of once and my wife almost left me. I guess I need to cover as much of my face as possible at all times.:lol:

Yep, it was time. I've had the Dimebag beard (pink, purple, basically all the shades of red) since 2006 (started growing it in '05) as a tribute to him. Quite frankly, it had become a huge pain in the ass for some time now, since us 'normal' folks sometimes need to look decent for some stupid shit. I'm also such a lazy shaver that sometimes I just let it grow for weeks, and it's always pretty hard to get the goatee all symmetrical and shit after that. I've also had sideburns for years now (Elvis represent yo!), so I went all in with those. My favorite comic book hero (from Marvel) has always been Wolverine and now I get to look like him. It just feels so damn weird without the goatee!

My girlfriend's never seen me clean shaven, so it's going to be interesting when she gets home from work. I would post before and after pics if it wasn't for the fact that I choose not to.

pics or it didn't happen. ;)

I had the long goetee and sideburns many a moons ago, I also had hair on the top of my head.

I've had a small goatee for years (dyed it red three years ago on Dime's anniversary) and I think I look better with it than without. I shave it down once a while though, then let it grow again.

No disrespect but I'm guessing your missus will love that beard is gone:lol:

I shaved my beard of once and my wife almost left me. I guess I need to cover as much of my face as possible at all times.:lol:

Luckily for me she's cool with or without the beard! Beard brings some character to a man's face, but I'm a handsome devil without it too!

I used to have one as well, Scott Ian style about 4 inches off my chin. Shaving sucks but shaving and maintaining a goatee is a pain in the ass!

That's pretty much what I had, and the maintaining really is a pain in the ass!

pics or it didn't happen. ;)

I had the long goetee and sideburns many a moons ago, I also had hair on the top of my head.

Ok I'll post pics if you tell me how? I don't have facebook or anything like that.

I've had a small goatee for years (dyed it red three years ago on Dime's anniversary) and I think I look better with it than without. I shave it down once a while though, then let it grow again.

Yeah I'll probably grow out something down the line, but right now I enjoy being Wolverine.