OT - So I wen't to the dentist today...

Social Distortion

The Voice of Reason
Sep 10, 2004
Lahti Rock City, Finland
I'd been having horrible tooth aches from time to time for the last three days, haven't slept that much either, so I finally went to see the dentist to see what's wrong.

So the guy looks into my mouth and pokes me with that sharp pointy thing they always use. Goddamn that thing is irritating! He says aloud "oh there's a big hole in your wisdom tooth" - and pushes that pointy thing right in the hole! Fuuuuck, I'm screaming inside my head! I could actually feel a single tear roll down the side of my cheek, which never happens because usually I can take a good amount of pain. But not dentist pain! :mad:

So the dentist speaks to his assistant "yeah...anasthesia and x-ray...", and I'm still trying to get myself back together, so I don't pay that much attention to him at the moment. They take the x-ray picture, and I suppose they put some anasthesia in there, but I didn't notice it if they did.

So the dentist goes back to look at the picture, doesn't really say anything, he's just thinking aloud "yeah I suppose there would only be a shell left there...". I have no idea what his talking about, I'm just sitting there ashamed of my one single tear. I don't really even notice the dentist walking next to me, and before I know it, there something made of metal in my open mouth. I feel a slight wrenching - and the motherfucker just rips my tooth straight out of my mout with no warning! Goddamn that hurt! I have never felt anything like it! Broken hands and stomach tattoos are nothing compared to going to the dentist!

Epilogue: Even though it hurt like hell and my mouth is full of blood as I type this, it was worth it to get rid of the ache...but next time I'm going to see a private dentist instead of this public sadist!

Cliffs: It's better to lose your teeth than to go see a dentist.

Next time I'm just going to scream as hard as I can to scare the people waiting in the hall!

I hate going to the dentist. Don't be ashamed of that one, single tear. At least you didn't pass out.:lol:

I feel ur pain dude,I had my wisdom tooth taken out a couple months back,I had severe pain for 2 nights,I was in absolute agony,lucky there was a state of the art dentil clinics open on a public holiday,had the X-ray and got the bad news lol,to be honest a didn't feel any pain till it was all over with,theft pumped my mouth full of drugs,he said I was lucky that he got it iut in 1 piece;),dare I say I take great care of my teeth now

I've been lucky, I had to get a molar cut out and an implant put in, I never had any pain whatsoever either with the extraction or the implant. I could feel the drill going all the way up into my skull but no pain, not even afterwards and I didn't take any of the painkillers. My teeth are perfect now and I'll never miss a cleaning again!

Thanks for sharing fellas! I haven't had a single painkiller since the butchering...I mean the operation. Weird. I still have three wisdom teeth left and I'm thinking about getting rid of them right away. Of course I'll go see a private dentist and take all the drugs I can get.

Doesn't sound too bad. I had root canal on 3 front teeth, whereafter they sliced open the gums, amputated the tips of the roots, and filled it up with some bone regrowth paste. During the same procedure, I had my 4 impacted wisdoms extracted. I was pretty fucked for like 10 days, even had to miss 2 games of rugby.

Thanks for sharing fellas! I haven't had a single painkiller since the butchering...I mean the operation. Weird. I still have three wisdom teeth left and I'm thinking about getting rid of them right away. Of course I'll go see a private dentist and take all the drugs I can get.
I still have two wisdom teeth left but my dentist said they should never cause me any problems. The lesson I've learned from my surgery is that dental insurance is pretty cheap through your employer, everyone take advantage of the cleanings! It'll save you tons of pain and money down the road!:kickass:

I still have two wisdom teeth left but my dentist said they should never cause me any problems. The lesson I've learned from my surgery is that dental insurance is pretty cheap through your employer, everyone take advantage of the cleanings! It'll save you tons of pain and money down the road!:kickass:

I've been told that mine absolutely will cause problems sooner than later. :(

Doesn't sound too bad. I had root canal on 3 front teeth, whereafter they sliced open the gums, amputated the tips of the roots, and filled it up with some bone regrowth paste. During the same procedure, I had my 4 impacted wisdoms extracted. I was pretty fucked for like 10 days, even had to miss 2 games of rugby.

Sure yours sounds worse, but the whole thing with my operation is that I had no idea what was going to happen, it was like a sick surprise from the dentist. :lol: