OT- Motorhead/ C.O.C. Tour

nafnikufesin said:
I assume because you mean there is so much gas coming out of it :lol:

I hear it's pretty expensive to live there...do you live there or just reside in one of the camps?

I live here man, living in camp is not an option for me because they don't give those rooms out to the IT people, but I am glad I wouldnt want to live where I work. And ya it is damn expensive to live here and my rent just went up :yuk:

DoctorAcula said:
the new coc is supposed to be "brutal" according to pepper keenan, very "lo-fi"

i am looking forward to this album and hope to god this tour makes its way near me!!!

In my internet travels I came across a copy of the new COC, "In The Arms Of God". My initial reaction is that it closer to Blind than any of the last three, but with Pepper singing. If you're into the Southern Boogie vibe of Deliverance/Wiseblood/Volume Dealer it ain't as prominent. That said the CD is good, but the sound is "thicker" and may take more time to get into. Time will tell, but Volume Dealer was my #1 CD of 2000. It's almost like they tried to get a big hit on the radio with Volume Dealer, it didn't happen and they said "Fuck It" and came up with ITAOG.

The_Void said:
Awesome this tour is going to Calgary and Edmonton, make the 8 hour drive to Calgary for the Sunday show and then drive up to Edmonton for the Monday show, cant wait, but then I will have to come back to Fort Mac (The asshole of the universe)
Not heading by Banff for the Tuesday show, too? :lol:

Got my tickets for the Edmonton show...are you going to be there?

*grumblegrumblegrumble*
I'm going to have to move to Europe to see half the concerts I'd like. Living in the southeast is a BIG disadvantage to seeing good shows unless you want to drive to DC/Batimore or possibly Raleigh, NC.

BTW, Banff is absolutely gorgeous.

Powerslave214 said:
BTW, Banff is absolutely gorgeous.
It's where I met my wife, where I proposed to my wife, and where I honeymooned with my wife.

It's also where I spent many drunken ski trips, passed out in a wrong hotel, stared down an elk, and got my friend in trouble with the cops when I pretended to be speed bump by lying down in the middle of the road.

Banff rules!

nafnikufesin said:
Not heading by Banff for the Tuesday show, too? :lol:

Got my tickets for the Edmonton show...are you going to be there?

Naw I could only get Monday off work and not Tuesday so I will be just going to the Calgary show. Love that city though so it should be fun so long as I do not run into my ex.

yeah i ran across the new coc album..its floating around out there, and dammit it is heavy. real dirty with 7 minutes songs, some of the riffs are incredible, and the new drummer kills

Please anyone say hello to Mikkey Dee for me :)
I first saw COC opening for Megadeth in Prague and COC were actually booed off the stage because they sucked more ass than anyone could imagine. Later then I saw them open for Metallica and they were pretty good, to my surprise.

johnnieCzech said:
Please anyone say hello to Mikkey Dee for me :)
I first saw COC opening for Megadeth in Prague and COC were actually booed off the stage because they sucked more ass than anyone could imagine. Later then I saw them open for Metallica and they were pretty good, to my surprise.
I hoped they booed Megabreath too :lol:

DoctorAcula said:
never heard of FM magazine.....got a link?

Famous Monsters.....don't think it's in active production anymore. It was published originally back in the 70s. Its publisher, Forry Ackerman, used to refer to himself as Dr. Acula.