OT : Net neutrality

Sep 16, 2004
www.whereshewept.com
Not exactly an Andy Sneap topic but, I started sesing adverts on TV saying that Net Neutrality is a "scam by silicon valley to cost us money", which is the opposite of EVERYTHING, i've read. Does anyone know of a reliable source of info on the subject? I guess it could be a topic because how can we share our clips, samples,etc... if we have to pay more to connect thru certain servers. :mad: I saw OZ's thread and was looking for more info and opinions.

Splitting the net into tiers is an awful idea. All the little guys will be fucked.

Plus, this choice will in one way or another impact the entire net globally yet, the US is taking charge of it.

If you want more info, google "tubes + Internet". It's fuckholes like him that make being an American truly embarrassing.

I'm embarrassed by this whole issue, myself. That Ted Stevens guy is the same fat sack of shit who threatened to quit Congress if the $315 million bridge to a fucking iceberg in his home state had its funds diverted to somewhere they might be useful - even sadder, nobody took him up on it! Talk about embarrasing - replacing a fifteen minute ferry with a fucking bridge that'll have a longer wait *and* a fee, at a cost that could pay for every resident of that island to get a doctorate in EVERYTHING from Harvard, and having your opponents back down when you have the chance to shove him out on his incompetent, fat ass? This is why I'm moving to fucking Sweden as soon as I have the money.

Jeff