OT: New Morbid Angel "Illud Divinum Insanus"

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
Just got an advance of it in the Mail. I couldn't believe my ears. Morbid Angel, one of the best Death Metal bands of all time has basically sold out. Was looking forward to this album for years. There are about 3 good songs. Then a bunch of rock sounding songs, techno songs, and just horrible lyrics and cheezy songs. Unbelievable. A song called "Too Extreme!" which is seriously laughable. and "I am Morbid" which is equally as laughable. WTF is happening to these metal bands. I guess they were trying to do something different but its just fucking horrid and embarrassing.

Just got an advance of it in the Mail. I couldn't believe my ears. Morbid Angel, one of the best Death Metal bands of all time has basically sold out. Was looking forward to this album for years. There are about 3 good songs. Then a bunch of rock sounding songs, techno songs, and just horrible lyrics and cheezy songs. Unbelievable. A song called "Too Extreme!" which is seriously laughable. and "I am Morbid" which is equally as laughable. WTF is happening to these metal bands. I guess they were trying to do something different but its just fucking horrid and embarrassing.

i read a review wich is similar to your views,i guess 1st album in 15 years with dave things are going to change,i have it but havent listened to it yet,saw them live last week and they blew the roof off the place,they can afford to change because they have a diehard fanbase and there live show is one of the best going round.

i read a review wich is similar to your views,i guess 1st album in 15 years with dave things are going to change,i have it but havent listened to it yet,saw them live last week and they blew the roof off the place,they can afford to change because they have a diehard fanbase and there live show is one of the best going round.

There are 3 songs on the new album that are great. Other than that its really bad, I am sure when it's all said and done they will regret doing these technoish rock songs. It's really weird almost like a bad joke.

But yes live I am sure they will always dominate. They are an amazing live band. Thought it's gotta be weird without Pete Sandoval, my favorite death metal drummer ever

You should have been checking out the thread in the General Music discussion area of this forum, it's been ongoing for a few weeks and we all already knew it sounded like this. Might have saved you some money.
I thought a couple of the tracks sounded really promising, but the rest were a fucking joke. Trey said he's been listening to hardcore techno, but all I hear is AC/DC and, in fact, one of the songs sounds just like AC/DCs TNT. It's laughable.

The song I meant is "Destructos vs the Earth", take a listen here.

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Illud-Divinum-Insanus/dp/B004ZZS7M4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1307111548&sr=8-9[/ame]

Is this you with your limited edition boxset of the album IMfan?

morbidbox.jpg

...I believe that is actually a genuine version of the album :lol:

I listened to the album last night. I expected MUCH worse - I actually quite enjoyed it, apart from the three or four tracks which are either techno influenced or that Radikult bullshit.
Destructos vs The Earth I thought was weirdly cool. :lol:

Oh, and I disagree with anyone saying David Vincent has lost it (vocally - his lyrics are fucking awful here). His voice is fucking awesome on this album.

I listened to the album last night. I expected MUCH worse - I actually quite enjoyed it, apart from the three or four tracks which are either techno influenced or that Radikult bullshit.
Destructos vs The Earth I thought was weirdly cool. :lol:

Oh, and I disagree with anyone saying David Vincent has lost it (vocally - his lyrics are fucking awful here). His voice is fucking awesome on this album.

IMF09 taking personal shots at you in 5...4...3...2...1...

Fuck him, hahaha, I seem to be in a minority of one - I quite like this album! It's better than Heretic or FFttF.
Maybe it's how I'm listening to it. I'm not actively engaging with the music - I'm listening to it with headphones on while reading a book in my bed at night. When I actually listen to it in the car or something it might do my head in, I don't know.
But at this point, I even quite like "Too Extreme!" :lol:

I'm not saying the album is as good as AoM or BatS - I do think it's better than FFttF though, and no one kicked up a major fuss about that. It's still better than Six Feet Under doing fucking ridiculous covers of AC/DC songs or Obituary doing gangsta rap.

Here: this was the final "song" on FFttF. It's total fucking bollocks, worse than anything on the new album. And there were 3 or 4 of these turds on FFttF!

THIS is better than that, surely?! David Vincent's vocals are fucking superb.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying the album is as good as AoM or BatS - I do think it's better than FFttF though, and no one kicked up a major fuss about that. It's still better than Six Feet Under doing fucking ridiculous covers of AC/DC songs or Obituary doing gangsta rap.

Here: this was the final "song" on FFttF. It's total fucking bollocks, worse than anything on the new album. And there were 3 or 4 of these turds on FFttF!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5itfzfH58Js

THIS is better than that, surely?! David Vincent's vocals are fucking superb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6C4BNZBX_E

I am Morbid, how fucking lame of a song title is that? This is them trying to do some sort of WWF type Anthem song. Fuckin horrible.

There are only a few songs on the new album that are good. I like "Never More" and "Existo Vuglore" (really like that one actually) and a few others. But other than that its horrible.

Do you also like this song Stormchaser?:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am Morbid, how fucking lame of a song title is that? This is them trying to do some sort of WWF type Anthem song. Fuckin horrible.

There are only a few songs on the new album that are good. I like "Never More" and "Existo Vuglore" (really like that one actually) and a few others. But other than that its horrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ZpJ4lvEs8

Do you also like this song Stormchaser?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqILx78oNww

As usual, you're so busy telling everyone what to think, you miss what's already been posted earlier in the thread:

I actually quite enjoyed it, apart from the three or four tracks which are either techno influenced or that Radikult bullshit.

I wonder why people are suprised. I lost interest in them around '95 when they released that plastic cheese-by-numbers album Domination which only had two fairly good songs (Dominate & Dawn of the Angry). After that each album only had a handful of decent tracks. And this last one once again, only three good tunes hehehe.
Face it, there will never be another A, B or C. They died in '94 already.

Heard a few songs, didn't like it really but who cares, they probably wanted to try something new and they surely stirred up some shit, people talk about their new album, it's controversial and that was probably their point.

Heard a few songs, didn't like it really but who cares, they probably wanted to try something new and they surely stirred up some shit, people talk about their new album, it's controversial and that was probably their point.

well said,they will always play the classics live,thats what matters at the end of the day.