OT: NO MORE CHEF!?!?!?

Rose Immortal said:
Ohh, I see now...the indulgences and stuff along those lines.

Sorry if I came off harsh. I promise I was trying not to make an ass of myself, and I figured there was likely a missing context to that remark.

Hope you feel better soon!

Its ok, and thanks for the concern Rose.

I just saw the commercial trailer for this week's new episode of South Park, and it looks like pure shit. Something about a Robot Chef or something and I dont even know. I threw up when I saw it.

Actually I just read an article regarding the pulling of South Park and Isaac Hayes quitting. What I got from it was that Isaac Hayes couldnt' have quit because he was in the hospital when the episode aired the first time, last November or December. In fact, when Hayes came out he was on record for saying he enjoyed the episode, I think for some late night talk show, I forget which one. Either way, I don't see Hayes really wanting to quit/being fired after being on the show so long. And besides, he hasn't done too much the last few seasons.

Lord_Tarod said:
yeah you're right... and then enters Luther and says "pay the prize to heaven my ass".
Personally, I prefer to stay away from any kind of religion/cult/whatever.
Thats why I decided to pray to the 3 Gods of Atlantis. (You all know which 3 I'm talking about.)

they're obviously not getting a replacement. in the newest episode they use old clips of chef's voice in a funny way and he, well i wont spoil it but he probably won't be around too much anymore. though again he hasn't had much of a role in the past 5 years (from the mouthes of Matt and Trey themselves), for all of you who supposedly can't imagine the show w/o him...

and he did quit, i've seen it from multiple sources including one quoting him saying "they crossed the line this time" or something similar.

Opie and Anthony play a clip of Isaac Hayes on a daily basis saying he doesn't give a crap about that nonsense with Scientology and if anyone buys into their bullshit, he'll sell ya the brooklyn bridge.

Then all of a sudden he doubles back and says they are bigots.

he's a fucking hypocrite and I wonder where his cashcow is now with a dead recording career and no royalties and no real hope for a comeback.

Poor nobodies don't get into scientology. It's a cult. I like being an atheist.

Didn't people stick around for the end of the episode? Isaac Hayes left, the character chef is not gone, only played by a different person now. The Super Adventure Club rebuilt him, much akin to Anakin Skywalker. I look forward to the future episodes where Chef is an antagonist.

Isaac Hayes MADE CHEF!!! Isaac Hayes being gone and Chef being gone are one in the same. Chef may be here in character, but not in spirit.