OT: Paul Gilbert - Scarified

:lol: i love the space outfits, they look so goofy

also the bass fills on that version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the original

RobbM said:
I dunno, I find his music extremely boring...
and the world finds all opinions made by lefties as inconsequential to human existance, information, and knowledge. :err: :Smug:

Cool version, I love Paul's music, I saw him live last year and he was killer (He played lots of covers: Close to your heart by Maddona, Something by The Beatles, some Van Halen tune I can't remember, Jumping Jack Flash by the Rolling Stones and Karn Evil 9 by ELP)

I dunno, his stuff always seems the same to me, and with serious lack of passion and or fealings and diversity. Like its all just the same shred licks/exercises over and over...I respect him and all though...Don't take it to heart though, remember, this is comming from a Steve Vai fanboy :) He just can't hold a candle to Becker, MJR, Satch, Vai, Lane etc...

MrFast said:
What's with the space outfits?

I'm not sure, but I believe that this version of Scarified was recorded as part of Paul's "Space Ship Live" DVD... Hence the spacesuits. It's listed as part of the playlist on the DVD so I'm guessing my guess is pretty fuckin good. If you don't dig PG, you might as well be left-handed in a right-hand orientated world.

The Yngster said:
love the space outfits, they look so goofy

also the bass fills on that version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > the original

Linus fkn rocked out on this version... I really enjoyed seeing/hearing the bass being owned like that. IMO Linus > John Alderete. Marco (the drummer) Minnemann added alot of flair to the drums too.

RobbM said:
I dunno, his stuff always seems the same to me, and with serious lack of passion and or fealings and diversity. Like its all just the same shred licks/exercises over and over...I respect him and all though...Don't take it to heart though, remember, this is comming from a Steve Vai fanboy :) He just can't hold a candle to Becker, MJR, Satch, Vai, Lane etc...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Paul Gilbert is god...

I sorry, but i beg to differ. Racer X is one of my favorite bands, and IMHO made some of the best metal riffs ever. I think Gilbert is pretty diverse also. Listen to technical difficulties from racer X. Then listen to green tinted 60s mind from Mr. Big. This is coming from the uber Paul Gilbert fanboy though :)

coolsnow7 said:
Damn, and I thought the bass on this version sucked ass compared to the original.

the original guy tried way too hard, his fills have no melody and are he tried to play too fast, it just sounds like awkward spasms in the middle of the song

RobbM said:
I dunno, his stuff always seems the same to me, and with serious lack of passion and or fealings and diversity. Like its all just the same shred licks/exercises over and over...I respect him and all though...Don't take it to heart though, remember, this is comming from a Steve Vai fanboy :)

So, always the same, and lack of passion, sort of like EVERY Vai cd post Fire Garden? I'm in the exact opposite universe. While I like Vai & Gilbert, I really feel Steve has lost a lot of his "hunger" to be the baddest palyer on the planet, and this is coming from someone who has admired his abilities since he first joined Frank Zappa's band. I hope he does come out with another ball buster, he's on the right track with his latest, but isn't quite there yet.
PG had some blurb on his page about an all instrumental cd that sounded cool. PG seems to be coasting lately as well. SSO, imo, sucks. Both guitarists are immensely talented, and both can still shred.......

J-Dubya