OT: Rainwound Songs Up

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Hey, Paul, and Larry! And the others who I don't really know yet, and fellow forum-dudes!

http://www.myspace.com/rainwound

I know this is sort of off-topic. And I'm sure Paul is tired of getting so much credit for the Rainwound name. :kickass: But now, I'd say, is the first chance for you all to hear what Rainwound is really supposed to sound like. I've uploaded the re-recordings onto the MySpace page, and they include vocals. There's also a teaser for the second CD with a bunch of 45-second clips spliced together... So please check it out!

Novembers Doom has had a big influence on me, not only the fact that Paul thought of the name - the band (ND) functions in a very respectable way. They're like the template for how a band should be, and how to remain true to their roots while still evolving without selling out. That may sound weird but I think you know what I mean. And of course there's the musical influence. ND's made some awesome doom, awesome thrashy stuff... cool, almost ballad-like stuff like Autumn Reflection... My copy of Novella Reservoir is on the way, can't wait to hear it. I didn't download it. There's another ND influence. :lol: But yeah, I know I'm brown-nosing - but thanks.

I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks. See if you can spot any ND musical influence. And check out the CD2 Teaser. :worship:

Brandon

Thanks Paul! I kept waiting to see if anyone else said anything.... Well, glad to hear you think it sounds cool. You can actually hear it though, eh? I've got people saying it's out of time and yatta yatta, yet I don't hear it being THAT out of time when I play it back. Some people is just crazies, ja? Anyway, surprisingly low amount of feedback as a whole. I'm wondering where the 4,000 myspace dudes are who supposedly "couldn't wait to hear more"... :lol:

I gave it a listen, haven't had time to properly give it my full attention. Sounds cool, good work man. I didn't think the timing was bad, nothing like that really caught my attention so it must not be that bad. I'll try to give it all a proper listen soon and make more comments if you'd like.

People are always slow with shit like that nowadays, I wouldn't let it bother you. They do it to us too.

Yeaaah... Well you guys are going to know what I think of the Novella Reservoir - that interview we did made the Editor decide to send me a promo copy of the CD, so it'll most-likely be published in May (Gasp!) I know, or possibly even later. We've been slacking lately.

I'm glad you also think it sounds cool. The good feedback from 2 good musicians means more to me than an onslaught of "u sukz" from random people. :lol: I know most people will bash the vocals because I tried to reach a range that is more uncomfortable for me... I've got a lower, doom-like Kuhr vocal range that is very comfortable. I think my vocal range is E3 to E6 or so, VERY small I think... just 2 octaves... Would you or Paul happen to know Paul's specific vocal range like that?

WELL a proper listen would be a copy of the full thing on CD. If you guys let me know where I can send them, I can send you a few or so, whoever wants one out of your clique. :) I haven't started selling anything yet, and I just got the front and back cover set up a couple days ago. I'm basically thinking of sending them out for review or promotional purposes at the moment. I'd love to have a short few sentence-review of what you guys think that I could put up on the myspace and whatnot, and the forthcoming press sheet. o.o

And while I've got the spot - HAPPY EASTER! - hope everyone has a great one. :)