OT - Singers that deserve more (Not Anthrax related)

Social Distortion

The Voice of Reason
Sep 10, 2004
Lahti Rock City, Finland
First off, DON'T BE THE ASSHOLE! YOU MAY FEEL TEMPTED, BUT DON'T! IF YOU WANT TO START ANOTHER SHITFEST, MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD.

That being said, who do you think are some excellent singers who haven't really got the recognition and credit they deserve? Old or young, who do you think got or gets overlooked the most?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My first pick is Michale Graves, best know as the guy who replaced Danzig in The Misfits.

band_michale-graves.jpg
n95ad22o91vvv12.jpg

I must say, Jerry Only's got to be the dumbest mutha in punk rock to get rid of this guy. Graves has a great natural voice, IMO much better than Danzig, is a great performer, and most of all he wrote a big bunch of the songs on American Psycho and Famous Monsters.

After leaaving The Misfits for whatever reason, Michale's been in some no-name-bands and projects. He's kind of been lost in the shuffle. His solo stuff is good, but I'd really like to see Graves fronting a great psycho-punk-abilly-band and get the fame and money he IMO deserves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chuck Billy is one of the best metal vocalist of all time yet doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves

Chuck Billy's range is impressive, that he can do both clean and death metal vocals. Another thrash vocalist I'd rate is Russ Anderson of Forbidden.

Oh yeah. Michael Graves is awesome. A better vocalist than Danzig (in my opinion) and certainly not near as big of a total dick as Danzig is and always has been. To top it off, Michael Graves is a staunch conservative, which I absolutely love.

He deserved better than what he went through in the Misfits and should have remained the singer. He is a much better vocalist than Jerry and a fantastic song-writer.

Don't know if this is a bit controversial, but Blaze Bailey?
Ok, most Maiden fans seem to dislike the two albums that he contributed to, but his solo albums seem to be pretty well received amongst fans and critics, and even if Wolfbane were highly regarded (mostly) amongst critics they never made it big. I hear that Wolfsbane are on the verge of releasing a new album, and those who've heard it (biased or not) say that it's absolutely blinding with a solid performance from Blaze.

Arguably, his talent didn't shine through very well in Maiden, but he's got heaps of solid vocal performances on other releases. There's no denying that the man can sing, even if I'm personally not much of a fan of the musical style that he's known for with Wolfsbane and as a solo artist.

My second pick: Rod Jackson.

Too bad Rod had (has?) a bad heroin addiction, I love Snakepit's Ain't Life Grand and I would've loved to hear more music from that line-up.

Don't know if this is a bit controversial, but Blaze Bailey?
Ok, most Maiden fans seem to dislike the two albums that he contributed to, but his solo albums seem to be pretty well received amongst fans and critics, and even if Wolfbane were highly regarded (mostly) amongst critics they never made it big. I hear that Wolfsbane are on the verge of releasing a new album, and those who've heard it (biased or not) say that it's absolutely blinding with a solid performance from Blaze.

Arguably, his talent didn't shine through very well in Maiden, but he's got heaps of solid vocal performances on other releases. There's no denying that the man can sing, even if I'm personally not much of a fan of the musical style that he's known for with Wolfsbane and as a solo artist.

agreed, i have most of his solo stuff and its really good, the xfactor with maiden is brilliant but virtual X1 is shite but that was down to steve harris songwriting, his 2010 album is superb, love it, lookin forward to what he does next

John Corabi............the Corabi Crue album was superb, very heavy with superb production. The big mistake was continuing with the Motley Crue name on it, it was dead in the water before it was released.

Check out the video's for Smoke The Sky and Hooligans Holiday on youtube, superb stuff.

andrew mcdermott...

rip bro...

Luke Easter (Tourniquet):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRdRZ6oE3dc&feature=related[/ame]

Mike Baker r.i.p. (Shadow Gallery):

Jan Lubitzki (Depressive Age):

Stuart Adamson (r.i.p.) (Big Country):

Marco Bauer (Deep Inside Myself):

Federica de Boni (White Skull):

Steve Steel (Steel Attack):

Jimmy P. Brown II (Deliverance):