OT - Singers that deserve more (Not Anthrax related)

Always been a fan of Michael Sweet (Stryper)... Has a set of lungs on him and a vocal range that few singers in any genre can match actually. He's gone a shade deeper tone since his younger years. Pretty amazing live actually.

Corey Glover from Living Colour. Amazing powerful voice.

Local Aussies will know this but Clint Boge from The Butterfly Effect/1000 Needles in Red has a very good live voice.

Howard Jones (KSE not the 80s pop singer ;-)

One has to expect such idiocy from anthrax mosher. I'm just surprised she hasn't listed Gavin Rossdale - one of her all time favourites - yet :lol:

Always been a fan of Michael Sweet (Stryper)... Has a set of lungs on him and a vocal range that few singers in any genre can match actually. He's gone a shade deeper tone since his younger years. Pretty amazing live actually.

Agreed.
I actually have to give Stryper credit for introducing me to metal back in the day when I was around 11 or 12. I hardly ever listen to them anymore, but I think they were a VERY underrated band as far as musicianship goes.

You know who else doesn't get enough credit as a singer? Marilyn Manson. Yeah, I said it.

oh+no+you+didn%27t.jpg

Whitfield Crane, been hearing that new song by Another Animal and really like it. I heard it on the radio and knew right away it was Whit! He has a great voice...

I honestly think Life of Agony would have prospered with him on vocals. Who knows why that didn't pan out? I recall statements saying that they weren't pleased with the demo's. They probably just needed a good producer. I remember when they toured with Anthrax with Whit at the helm. He was great. And really sociable too. They had a ton of energy and stole the show on the 2nd stage of Ozzfest.

Instead the band tinkered with the idea of their bassist on vocals(that probably would have been a train wreck). Went on hiatus to pursue other projects, then reunited to put out a Velvet Revolver rip off LP. Sad how great bands fall apart slowly.