OT - Singers that deserve more (Not Anthrax related)

I honestly think Life of Agony would have prospered with him on vocals. Who knows why that didn't pan out? I recall statements saying that they weren't pleased with the demo's. They probably just needed a good producer. I remember when they toured with Anthrax with Whit at the helm. He was great. And really sociable too. They had a ton of energy and stole the show on the 2nd stage of Ozzfest.

Instead the band tinkered with the idea of their bassist on vocals(that probably would have been a train wreck). Went on hiatus to pursue other projects, then reunited to put out a Velvet Revolver rip off LP. Sad how great bands fall apart slowly.

I remember him with LoA playing in Sweden and Whit climbing the stage rig, high up and jumping down... a real Energizer bunny!

Chris Gordon (of Baby Chaos, Deckard and Union of Knives). Great voice, quite characteristic style. Praised by Bruce Dickinson. Failed at achieving commercial success, sadly.

John Garcia.

I always thought it a bit unfair that Josh Homme achieved considerable commercial success after Kyuss disbanded while Garcia's numerous projects never received notable attention.
It's a shame that Unida never managed to give their second album a proper release. It's really good!

I'm looking forward to hearing what Garcia puts out with Kyuss Lives!, but I fear that roping in Nick Oliveri will cause a lot of trouble for the band.

Cormac Battle of Kerbdog "fame". The band never managed to break it, despite major label backing for their debut album. Their second album was more accessible, but it appears that their label had started giving up on them around the time of its release.

They have a cult status amongst a select few these days, and occasionally reunite for gigs in their native Ireland.

Damn right I did! The man's amazing vocal abilities, from actual singing to Alice Cooper-esque snarling to screaming, always get overlooked because of all the shock value.

I liked Anichristsuperstar back in the day, a lot, and still do. It was pretty much a NIN disc. But, when he stoped trying to be the Alice Cooper Trent Reznor love child and started trying to be David Bowie that's when I lost interest. I think he never really found his own, you were always making a comparison. I agree with you though. Awsome voice.

I liked Anichristsuperstar back in the day, a lot, and still do. It was pretty much a NIN disc. But, when he stoped trying to be the Alice Cooper Trent Reznor love child and started trying to be David Bowie that's when I lost interest. I think he never really found his own, you were always making a comparison. I agree with you though. Awsome voice.

Yeah, I enjoyed Antichrist Superstar too. But when the second album was released, it all went a bit meh....
Too much focus upon image.
Manson can sing, no doubt, but I prefer artists that place the main emphasis on the music.

Antichrist is their 2nd album. Third if you count the Smells Like Children EP. That said, Mechanical Animals is my least favorite of their great albums. I agree, it's too damn image-conscious and not "violent" enough. My take on it is that MTV got to him. Holy Wood was a nice return to form, but nothing he does will ever top Antichrist Superstar. That album is a solid 10 IMO.

Antichrist is their 2nd album. Third if you count the Smells Like Children EP. That said, Mechanical Animals is my least favorite of their great albums. I agree, it's too damn image-conscious and not "violent" enough. My take on it is that MTV got to him. Holy Wood was a nice return to form, but nothing he does will ever top Antichrist Superstar. That album is a solid 10 IMO.

You are right, of course. Forgot about "Portrait of an American Family"