OT Somewhere in Time

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
OK this is for all you Maiden freaks out there.
Am I the only Maiden fan that actually really loves Somewhere in Time?

I know a certain other Adelaide Anthrax mate of mine who frequents this board also reckons 7th son sux (and we will have words when we meet Ads!!!).

HAHAHAHA

UP THE IRONS.

yer its funny ... I found most people either don't like Maiden or worship them. No middle ground.

aliasp said:
OK this is for all you Maiden freaks out there.
Am I the only Maiden fan that actually really loves Somewhere in Time?

I know a certain other Adelaide Anthrax mate of mine who frequents this board also reckons 7th son sux (and we will have words when we meet Ads!!!).

HAHAHAHA

UP THE IRONS.

First time i ever heard Maiden was the 'Fear Of The Dark' album and ive bought all their albums ever since. I dont own any maiden albums before Seventh Son..i keep meaning to get them though.

I love Somewhere in Time. It is their best album imo. Adrians guitar work is amazing and nicko is spot on on the kit and bruce/steve/dave are great as always.

Well its their best album apart from LAD which nothing can beat :)

Maiden have been my favorite band for as long as I can remember. SIT is a great album. Caught Somewhere In Time, Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait, I could go on theyre all great tracks. Except for Stranger in a Strange Land, I never liked that song at all.

I only like the Di'Anno albums otherwise gimme Priest!

Of course I appreciate "powerslave" and "piece of mind" too but I always thought "number of the beast" is waaay overrated!

i'm with aliasp on this one... i absolutely love that album!!!! it is without doubt maidens best. adding the guitar synth brought in a whole new dimension to their sound, and this is perfectly exemplified on forgotten masterpieces such as caught somewhere in time, lonliness of the long distance runner and alexander the great. the guitar work is at its best, brucies vocals soar and the whole thing rumbles along with a far out sense of urgency....it really has that outta space vibe going on throughout, the whole product looks and sounds incredible!

probably my favourite album ever too! :worship:

Alexander The Great has a weird time signature bit in the middle which shifts around; you can't tell what timing it's in. It's amazing.

Great band.

I love Somewhere in Time. It was the first Maiden album I brought (Cassette actually - anyone remember those things :D ).

Just recently I've been treating myself to the remasters. (Owning all the original's on CD already I couldn't justify rushing out to buy them again but from time to time you can get them for $15AUD now). The expanded booklets are fantastic.

aliasp said:
yer its funny ... I found most people either don't like Maiden or worship them. No middle ground.

Well, I'm one of those "middle ground" people! I like everything up to Live After Death. Everything after that is pretty hit or miss with me. Overall I'd say that I like Maiden. I don't hate them and I don't worship them.

There my fav band and SIT is probably my one of my favorites,Alexander the great is such a kick ass song

DarbysDad said:
NOTB is my fav - I have a 12in of Wasted Years with Adrian Singing on song on side B called Reach Out.

The funniest thing about that song is hearing Bruce Dickenson singing backing vocals..as if that voice could ever blend into the background!

:D

I happen to love SIT - and I think the reason it's a "hit or miss" disc with Maiden fans is that this was the first of their albums to use guitar synthesizers. It might not have had the instant "classics" like "The Trooper" or "Aces High," but it did feature some great guitar work.

BTW, whoever said that "7th" sux - wouldn't go *that* far, but I don't really like that album. Ah, nothing like adding fuel to the flame war, eh?
:hotjump:

DarbysDad said:
NOTB is my fav - I have a 12in of Wasted Years with Adrian Singing on song on side B called Reach Out.

I used to have that - wasn't "Sheriff Of Huddersfield" (sp?) also on that one?