OT: Spocks anyone?

Viadragon

grounded, yet flighty
Oct 24, 2002
Alameda, California
Visit site
Just heard from a rather fried friend--Spocks fanatic--that their gig last night at the Pound in SF was awesome, and that the turnout was great! He said it totally made up for their less than stellar performance at iMusicast. Did any of you locals attend? Honestly, I totally forgot about it...or I would have been there.:erk:

My friend also said that the openers were, well...opening bands. It would have been AWESOME if our guys could have opened for SB. (Or better yet, SB opening for Enchant!) The guys would have had quite a bit of exposure last night!:cool: Especially if they dressed as they did at Headway, per the photos posted on the forum, but that is an entirely different thread.:D

I'm ready for the US tour! :headbang:

Kristin
Via road-trippin Dragon

I'm a big SB fan, also one of the moderators on their message board. Enchant opened for the Beard in 2003 here. And to be honest, I liked Enchant better.
Fortunately, the Beard got more professional on the tour this year (not as much sillyness on stage and less playing mistakes), I liked the gig a lot. Kino opened, btw. I like their CD a lot, but they are not as spectacular live as the Beard.

Anyway, I still prefer SB with Neal as a frontman. But the new Beard is on a good way!

Kristen

As always! they ROCKED! It was pretty amazing! Dave is my HERO! He rules! what an incredible player!

Jimmy Keegan put on one of those performances you never forget! He kicked major ass! I have not seen too many drummers play such an amazing gig! just ass kicking! It was like a bomb went off behind the set!

Ryo was amazing as well! he did some insane stuff! He played a great gig!

Same with Al he is just totally cool! always! his leads on the new stuff are great! especially She is everything, god I love that song! it was a highlight. His tone was great! He playes some really unique and cool things!

Nick what can I say? incredible performance. he is really a great front man, and has stepped in to a very tough spot and just shined! brightly! Nick your the real deal man. His guitar playing is great as well, and the drums well............. we know he rules don,t we?

It was totally cool to see the guys most of all, Bill Sean and myself made it over.

I really enjoyed the show! especially the Bottom Line, maybe my favorite song. It brought back awsome memories from the 2003 tour!

The BEARD STILL RULES!

NP :She is everything" SB

I missed this one before.

Just got the disc and have been listening to it non stop. I had just been listening to downloads before.

Doug was raving about it, and I second that! the production and songwriting is stellar. Jon Mitchell is amazing, it is a great line up, especially when you have Pete on Bass. he is one of the best. This just works!

Hopefully we can gig with these guys sometime and hear this stuff close up!

It rules! just great music!

PeruvianTide said:
Ed, What are your impressions of Kino?

Do you have their disc? Do you like it?

I just saw them at ROSfest and they were very good. The mix was not the best (barely could hear the gtr especially during the solos) but john's voice was strong. They played the entire Picture disc and two It Bites songs (Kiss like Judas & Plastic Dreamer) which were awesome. It Bites is one of my favorite bands and I never got a chance to see them, so that was a pleasure. John really did sound a lot like Frank. Highly recommend them.