OT/Star Wars Celebration was a blast!!!

Jeffasin

Rebel Scum
Feb 14, 2002
Echo Base
Visit site
Well, folks, I am back from the Star Wars Celebration and it was an incredible and grueling weekend. We hit the con each day and hit the town each night and met and partied with some really cool people.

The 501st are a group of guys and gals (about 700 strong) who build Stormtrooper armor and they do cons and charity work in their armor. My buddy built his own armor and joined up this weekend and I must say, the 501st guys really hooked us up. They were running the security at the show, so they gave us associate badges that got us a lot of places others couldn't go. They are all really cool and a blast to party with.

Some of the stars we met were Michonne (Aurra Sing), Shannon Baska (Mara Jade), Jeremy Bullock (Boba Fett), David Prowse (Vader of course),Temuera(sp?) Morrison (Jenga Fett), Anthony Daniels (C3PO), Kenny Baker (R2D2), Peter Mayhew (Chewie), Phil (Uncle Owen), and Femi(sp?)(Oola). Everyone was really personable and polite and didn't seem to mind answering some of my stupid questions. We also got to hand out with some of the Lucasfilm people that were there. Everyone I was introduced to I only got their first names, so I don't know some of their last names. This one girl I met from Lucasfilm named Amy was really cool (and a knockout) and I hang out with her most all weekend. She says she has a small part in the new movie as one of the Jedi.

The coolest part of the whole weekend was Sunday night. The con set up a party for the 501st and Lucasfilm people at a club downtown called the Lotus. We were there partying when some of the actors showed up. We got to party with Admiral Piett, General Veers, Porkins, Admiral Motti, Gold Leader (from Star Wars, "Stay on Target"), and Admiral Ozzel. Amy and her freind Mary were also there (Mary plays a Jedi as well). It was the most fucking amazing evening of my life. All the Imperial guys were true gentlemen (they are British after all) and had more questions for me than I had for them. I sat and talked to Veers (Julian something) for awhile about Jungian psychology and the mono-myth (seems he's a Joseph Cambell fan, too). Porkins (Bill Hootens I think) is one of the funniest guys I ever met. Needless to say, the party was the capper of the whole weekend and a night I will never forget.

There's so much more I could talk about, but this is an Anthrax board so I digress. The movie comes out in eight more days and then the next Celebration is in 2005. I'm already counting the days......

j

(it's nice to be back...)

She's not in the new movie, but Shannon has appeared in a card game as Mara and done some magazine covers, so she is the official Lucasfilm Mara. She remains hopeful about EpIII, though (she is the Emporer's Hand at that time). There is also speculation that she may be seen in the "Special Special" Editions on dvd, but that's too far off to say for sure.

Shannon was very cool, is a big fan of all the movies, and prefers Han Solo to Luke Skywalker....

j

Sounds like a good time. I would have liked to been there. I met some of those guys at a sci-fi show on the Men Behind the Masks Tour when it stoped in cincinnati.

Everyone seemed really happy with the facilities and it is a central location, so hopefully they'll have it there again in 2005. Honestly though, I don't care where it is, I'll go. If you don't go, you're missing out....

j