OT - Vox Tempus signs with Z Records

chynablue

Mar 5, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.ericragno.com
VOX TEMPUS INK DEAL

voxGroup.jpg

Z Records are very proud to announce the signing of Vox Tempus, the bands amazing debut "The Eye Of Time" will be released in Europe during late May 05.

Eric Ragno made the following statement after signing with Z....

"Vox Tempus is excited to be joining the illustrious Z Records family. So many great acts have come from this amazing label which Mark Alger has worked so hard to build. The label's recent resurgence has assured us a solid legacy for the future, introducing us to new friends in markets we never got to reach! A special thanks to everyone in the Z family and to our new fans, welcome!"

The members of Vox Tempus first came together in January of 1997, as members of the progressive rock band Equinox. The band was in the midst of promoting their successful worldwide debut, COLOUR OF THE TIME, which had reached the top 20 in Europe and Japan, and received airplay in over 40 countries. During recording sessions for a follow-up release, the line-up splintered and Ray Mantor (guitars) and Jim Turba (bass) continued writing songs with their drummer as a trio. For the time being, the band continued on as Equinox..

In 1998 the band was introduced to Eric Ragno, a keyboard player in Los Angeles. Eric has played with many of hard rock's musical legends, and was finishing up an album with Takara when he heard that the band was searching for a keyboard player for their upcoming album. Eric's musical contributions served to solidify the band’s new sound
As the songs were written and recorded for the new album, the band went through several vocalists. After going through over a hundred submissions from throughout North America, the group finally settled on Dan Reed. His voice is coloured with many different influences - though he truly has a unique sound that's all his own.

voxwoman.jpg

As mixing began on the new album, the drummer chose to move on. With this latest change in personnel and a more guitar-oriented approach to their music, the band changed their name to Vox Tempus. The legendary Gregg Bissonette was brought in to record new drum tracks, and a title was chosen - In the Eye of Time. The album features Ray Mantor (guitar), Jim Turba (bass), Eric Ragno (keyboards), Dan Reed (vocals), and special guest Gregg Bissonette (drums).

Sound samples will be online shortly!

Excellent news, Eric! Congratulations!! I'm very happy for you VT!

I just fairly recently really started getting into VT via a preview of In The Eye of Time. Dude, this album is awesome!! Dan never sang in Divine Regale, did he? There are so many times when I have flashbacks of them when I hear his voice. I love it! Awesome keyboard work you display there too! Great job!!

Again, congratulations! I wish the best for Vox Tempus and you!

chynablue said:
the bands amazing debut "The Eye Of Time" will be released in Europe during late May 05.

I think you guys have a lot of fun with the theme of "time", but don't you think tinkering with this sort of time travel is taking things a bit too far? :)

Congratulations on the signing. Can you throw me a bone and tell me that this brings you closer to a new CD? I love The Eye of Time and want more!!

Ken

Holy crow! Dude this is most excellent! I LOVE this album, I'm gonna go buy it just to get the alternate artwork! WAAAY TO GOOO MANNNN!!!!!! Glad to hear the band is still alive and rockin! Let's hope Eric makes it back to Prog Power this year! the mikester