OT - Vox Tempus signs with Z Records

chynablue

Mar 5, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.ericragno.com
VOX TEMPUS INK DEAL

voxGroup.jpg

Z Records are very proud to announce the signing of Vox Tempus, the bands amazing debut "The Eye Of Time" will be released in Europe during late May 05.

Eric Ragno made the following statement after signing with Z....

"Vox Tempus is excited to be joining the illustrious Z Records family. So many great acts have come from this amazing label which Mark Alger has worked so hard to build. The label's recent resurgence has assured us a solid legacy for the future, introducing us to new friends in markets we never got to reach! A special thanks to everyone in the Z family and to our new fans, welcome!"

The members of Vox Tempus first came together in January of 1997, as members of the progressive rock band Equinox. The band was in the midst of promoting their successful worldwide debut, COLOUR OF THE TIME, which had reached the top 20 in Europe and Japan, and received airplay in over 40 countries. During recording sessions for a follow-up release, the line-up splintered and Ray Mantor (guitars) and Jim Turba (bass) continued writing songs with their drummer as a trio. For the time being, the band continued on as Equinox..

In 1998 the band was introduced to Eric Ragno, a keyboard player in Los Angeles. Eric has played with many of hard rock's musical legends, and was finishing up an album with Takara when he heard that the band was searching for a keyboard player for their upcoming album. Eric's musical contributions served to solidify the band’s new sound
As the songs were written and recorded for the new album, the band went through several vocalists. After going through over a hundred submissions from throughout North America, the group finally settled on Dan Reed. His voice is coloured with many different influences - though he truly has a unique sound that's all his own.

voxwoman.jpg

As mixing began on the new album, the drummer chose to move on. With this latest change in personnel and a more guitar-oriented approach to their music, the band changed their name to Vox Tempus. The legendary Gregg Bissonette was brought in to record new drum tracks, and a title was chosen - In the Eye of Time. The album features Ray Mantor (guitar), Jim Turba (bass), Eric Ragno (keyboards), Dan Reed (vocals), and special guest Gregg Bissonette (drums).

Sound samples will be online shortly!

Dude this is GREAT news! It's about time you guys got your props overseas already! I'm picking this new one up just for the artwork! Good luck bro, let us know when you've finalized your plans for Prog Power this year! :headbang:

Sorry I had missed this one earlier bro. Great news! and also with the China Blue project, that will be amazing as well. I hope its moving along well I am sure it will be awesome. I wish I had more time and the logistics were not so difficult so I could have layed down the the bass but I am sure this baby is going to be a good one.

Talk to you real soon.

Hey Ed thanks for your note and the kind words! Ironically, Z Records notified me last week that now they will NOT be releasing the Vox Tempus record. It's a long story, and we tried to look past Z's shaky reputation and hope for the best. Sadly those same issues came back to haunt us in our dealings with them. Sometimes things just go that way I guess, but once again it has tied up this amazing record, which seems to have some sort of curse over it!

:puke:

Hope all is well, talk to you soon!

Eric

ebass said:
Sorry I had missed this one earlier bro. Great news! and also with the China Blue project, that will be amazing as well. I hope its moving along well I am sure it will be awesome. I wish I had more time and the logistics were not so difficult so I could have layed down the the bass but I am sure this baby is going to be a good one.

Talk to you real soon.

Mark Alger strikes again.

When I first heard the news of the signing I was a bit skeptical, but hopeful. So much for positive thinking. I'm sincerely shocked Frontiers hasn't shown interest in this. I figured maybe Jeff could have put in a good word and got you in the door. It's not as is they have to pay for studio time. I am so damn sorry to hear this. You know how I feel about the album, and I'd like the rest of the world to get that same opportunity.

I'll write you later this weekend if things slow down here. Hang in there Eric. I have a feeling something good may yet come out of this fiasco.

Scott

Thanks for all the good thoughts. I guess this album is just cursed. As for Jeff helping us, he's a bit preoccupied right now (singing lead for JOURNEY ON TOUR! ; ) .:headbang:

Random Axe said:
Mark Alger strikes again.

When I first heard the news of the signing I was a bit skeptical, but hopeful. So much for positive thinking....I figured maybe Jeff could have put in a good word and got you in the door...

I saw that yesterday Eric. Man imagine getting that call, see ya got to go front Journey :)

Hey the China Blue disc will get picked up and kick ass so don't even sweat this one! you rock!

Ed

@chynablue: if this is a little comfort to you, yesterday i ordered "the eye of time" after listening to some tunes on your site.
i like dan's vocals very much and i'm looking forward to listening to this disk!