Our annual PP request...

Ken -

I'll buy the following if you've got 'em with you (not sure which ones you might actually have since I'm too lazy to look at your site right this second):

Mystery - Beneath the Veil of Winter's Face (I hear this disc blows sheep! Awesome!!)
Blood Ceremony - s/t
Lethargy - Purification
Panic Room - Visionary Position

Marillion reissues from a few years ago? I can never find them (Fish Era...the first three albums really). Porcupine Tree is something I assume you're already bringing, but I thought I'd toss it out there. I need Signify.

J

Archive - "Controlling Crowds," "Noise," "Lights"
Green Carnation - "Light of Day, Day of Darkness"
maudlin of the Well - "Leaving Your Body Map," "Bath"
Mutyumu - "Ilya," "Mutyumu"
SiKth - "The Trees Are Dead and Dried Out, Wait for Something Wild." Any of their EPs
Thurisaz - "Circadian Rhythm"
Time of Orchids - "Namesake Caution," "Sarcast While"

The Agents of Mercy album, I know it's expensive but buying it there (minus S&H) works for me :D, and if a copy of Guilt Machine album shows that too. And also I support the new Kiko Loureiro album "Fullbalst".

Brian:

The purpose of the thread is not to stump or confuse us. I had expected most people to request titles that we ACTUALLY stock rather than arcane black metal. If its been suggested and we carry it we are grabbing it from inventory as this thread grows.

Ken

The Agents of Mercy album, I know it's expensive but buying it there (minus S&H) works for me :D, and if a copy of Guilt Machine album shows that too. And also I support the new Kiko Loureiro album "Fullblast".

And besides those above there's a chance the new Count Raven "Mammons War" will be carried by you people? It comes out on Aug 31 through I Hate Records.

In anycase I'm sure I'll be buying something from you :cool:

Brian:

The purpose of the thread is not to stump or confuse us. I had expected most people to request titles that we ACTUALLY stock rather than arcane black metal. If its been suggested and we carry it we are grabbing it from inventory as this thread grows.

Ken

I figure this is directed towards Ulver (and some others). Yeah.. they had a couple black metal albums in the beginning, but I dare ask anyone to compare their work after those to them. Ulver is one of the best truly progressive acts IMO, and I go to Laser for most of my progressive needs... kind of made sense to me.

I also did not request this to try to 'stump' anyone. I think Ken is pretty well versed in how varied the tastes of the attendees can be.

Rich:

I didn't mind the Ulver request - I just want people to ask for stuff that we carry. I decided that this year we'll bring a box of various progressive rock/fusion titles including whatever has been requested in this thread that we have in stock.

Ken

Brian:

Ken

mëtålspëd;8511694 said:
I figure this is directed towards Ulver (and some others). Yeah.. they had a couple black metal albums in the beginning, but I dare ask anyone to compare their work after those to them. Ulver is one of the best truly progressive acts IMO, and I go to Laser for most of my progressive needs... kind of made sense to me.

I also did not request this to try to 'stump' anyone. I think Ken is pretty well versed in how varied the tastes of the attendees can be.

Guys, I was just kidding. My reference to "stumping" was in reference to the Stump the Trunk segment during Eddie Trunk's TV show...nevermind. I'm really getting myself into trouble lately. :erk:

~Brian~