Outstanding Albums of This Decade

Opeth - Probably all records but the last three is the best ones.

Katatonia - They are all very good but Viva emptiness and Brave murder day is my favorites.

Converge - Jane doe and You fail me.

Porcupine tree - In absentia.

Ephel Duath - The painter's pallete.

Farmakon - A warm glimpse.

Änglagård - Epilog and Hybris.

There are many good bands and records but this is the best ones if you ask me.

Opeth - Orchid
Katatonia - Discouraged Ones
Solitude Aeturnus - Through The Darkest Hour
Agalloch - Pale Folklore
Ulver - Bergtatt
Taake - Nattestid
Summoning - Stronghold
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
Hypocrisy - Hypocrisy
Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
Monstrosity - Millenium
Sigur Ros - ( )
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
Anekdoten - Gravity
Kreator - Violent Revolution

past 10 years right?

NineFeetUnderground said:
....yes. *throws crap at your face* :p

I know it's not very popular, but I like classic metal...and how they fused it with their prog. They seem to be a love 'em or hate 'em band...I'm somewhere in the middle.

Seth

Silent Song said:
Zero Hour. both albums are imo the best of the decade in metal.

Been wanting to check them out for awhile. Heard their pretty good prog, but best of the decade? Really?

Seth

Dreadful said:
Monstrosity - Millenium
Sigur Ros - ( )
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
Anekdoten - Gravity
Kreator - Violent Revolution

past 10 years right?

oooo0o0, that makes me happy, because i have all Monstrosity except that one, and if that's your top, I gotta get it, it probably rules.

Seth, you are talking about Dream Theater, right? Well I'm agree in that thing of love them or hate them -well- I love them.
I like their versatility, their voices, and his drummer, he's very creative. Conclusion: That's what I like in a band, versatility to create songs.
(probably with these things said, some of you'll throw loads of shit to me, lol)

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

Seth'Peth said:
I know it's not very popular, but I like classic metal...and how they fused it with their prog. They seem to be a love 'em or hate 'em band...I'm somewhere in the middle.

Seth

deliverance said:
oooo0o0, that makes me happy, because i have all Monstrosity except that one, and if that's your top, I gotta get it, it probably rules.

You're in for a treat dude. Best George Fischer album imo...beats all Cannibal Corpse and "Imperial doom."

david_hasselhoff_-_sings_america_a.jpg

Seth'Peth said:
I know it's not very popular, but I like classic metal...and how they fused it with their prog.

Seth
well, id debate whether or not they have much "prog" in them at all. Redundancy might be a better word...but either way...

i like how they fused with with their "wank". ;)

i enjoyed images and words...and change of seasons...and some of the awake material was alright. but anything beyond that i cant deal with.

i respect them as musicians...but pretty much only on a technical level.

Luz said:
Seth, you are talking about Dream Theater, right? Well I'm agree in that thing of love them or hate them -well- I love them.
I like their versatility, their voices, and his drummer, he's very creative. Conclusion: That's what I like in a band, versatility to create songs.
(probably with these things said, some of you'll throw loads of shit to me, lol)

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

I played drums for years when I was a young man... :D , so I admit I like them a lot for Portnoy. The guy is amazing. And they do have a lot of versatility, classical, jazz...the types of blends that I like from other bands like Fates Warning, Opeth...etc...

But I do see why many don't like them, or get bored with them. I like instrumental music also, so I don't get crazy when they jam and solo a lot.

Seth

NineFeetUnderground said:
well, id debate whether or not they have much "prog" in them at all. Redundancy might be a better word...but either way...

i like how they fused with with their "wank". ;)

i enjoyed images and words...and change of seasons...and some of the awake material was alright. but anything beyond that i cant deal with.

i respect them as musicians...but pretty much only on a technical level.

I've said many times that they have some excellent songs on each album, not really any excellent albums. Even the stuff after ACoS has good moments, for me anyway. ToT is just an attempt at the classic metal sound that I like, so I can deal with it. But those older albums do have some of their best work. ACoS is one of their best "epic" songs IMO.

Seth