Overloud TH2 is fucking amazing

@ Clark Kent
No need mate, just direct them to last years Guitar Tone Competition :lol:

Yep, that's right folks. Guitar "Tone" Competition.
And I think the previous year the shitty amp sims done ok.....

I need to Demo this :D

Do they have certain amp models??

As far as lead tones what set up do you guys use? The reverbs and delays on TH2? how about the cab sim is it any good, because i have amplitube metal and the cabs suck!

I need to Demo this :D

Do they have certain amp models??

As far as lead tones what set up do you guys use? The reverbs and delays on TH2? how about the cab sim is it any good, because i have amplitube metal and the cabs suck!

Sure they do... from vintage Fenders and Marshalls to 5150 and Mesa. Cabs are ok although using IRs is what makes this program probably the best software modeler out there. Also I'd say the amp modeling sounds amazingly real.

It's so simple to use the TH2 in recordings when you can fine tune everything to your liking and needs. Also you can change your guitar tone in seconds so no more reamping. Here are a few examples. The last one is a match EQ'd tone which I'm sure you'll love. Sorry for the out-of-tune guitar. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The T2 model is incredibly accurate to the real amp, couple of minor differences but the character is all there, I also think it's one of the more "real" sounding amp sims!

Oooh rly? Challenge accepted. I'll kill your real amp recordings with my TH2 in both lead and rhythm guitar. ;)

I demand a blind-folded comparison since once people know which one's the modeler their psychology will start messing with their heads.

Is it a real amp or not? Who gives a f*** if it simply sounds better? :guh:

No challenge was given. Clark.

I must say that I prefer the real amp in this one. The cab selection or mic position is probably the reason.

you know i spent about 9 seconds on the riff to.

actually, i spent about 9 dollars on the mic as well. it's a nady sp-1 and the amp is a marshall avt-20.

the point i was trying to make was we get so hung up on tone that this arbitrary war between amps and sims gets started and we all f seen examples of both being commercial. you can pick a side, but it's just as easy to defend the other.

to progress the thread, do you know of any records where th2 was used?

Well I've used it quite a bit. Audio engineers don't like taking any risks... I got a chance to record in a semi-big studio and they simply didn't let me use my Axe-Fx for on the record we did. Well... here's a zero budget music video I made. The guitars are all TH2.

Last edited by a moderator:
been a frequent user since ver 1.

i like the tones i get, although i'm not sure if i'd use it for metal tones if i was on windows, what with all the awesome free sims available. it's very versatile though, and i haven't regretted buying it instead of one of the major ampsims.

i bought an upgrade which imo was executed in the poorest possible way - i got a separate app and a separate plugin, so now i've got TH1 and TH2 and ALL THE PRESETS I'VE MADE ARE IN v1. so, i still got v1 on my hard drive because i can't be arsed to copy all the presets to v2.

Alright I played with the demo of this and quite liked it, so I sprung for it. Did a little clip with Lasse/ Mago DI's that I think sounds QUITE good. I know everyone's probably sick of these di's, but go compare TH2 with a few of Lasse's real amp tones, and you'll find it holds up pretty well!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22572061/TH2 Test.mp3

Used the modern (rectifier I'm guessing) sim with a TS and a little Pro Q after.

Edit: Settings:

Screen%20shot%202012-02-04%20at%203.39.58%20PM.jpg

Alright I played with the demo of this and quite liked it, so I sprung for it. Did a little clip with Lasse/ Mago DI's that I think sounds QUITE good. I know everyone's probably sick of these di's, but go compare TH2 with a few of Lasse's real amp tones, and you'll find it holds up pretty well!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22572061/TH2 Test.mp3

Used the modern (rectifier I'm guessing) sim with a TS and a little Pro Q after.

Edit: Settings:

Screen%20shot%202012-02-04%20at%203.39.58%20PM.jpg

Looks like a fun toy. I may have to try the demo again if I can.

Oh I can't really remember. Just use the sneap search for lasse mago di's and they're in a thread. Should be easy to find.